• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Try the scorpion straps, I usually get mine from rcdude.com, I've never seen a failure with those. Lots of people sell em these days though. They are sort of rubberized and keep the battery very securely held.

It seems everyone is out of the medium size straps. Will anything else work as i need to order it tomorrow so i can get my new 60'' Laser flying. I am hoping to have the build finished by the end of this week and a maiden sometime next week depending on when I can get the straps and some clear ultracoat to seal the hinge gaps. i see a couple places on E-bay have the straps for sale, maybe I will take a chance on their.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well, upon looking at my 57 extra again the fuse looks repairable with a new motorbox. All I need is a wing, cowl, canopy, and motorbox. I think what I am going to do when I sell my 51'' slick is buy another red 57'' extra, and a motorbox kit. That way I can fix the fuse and have it as a spare along with my one undamaged wing. That way when I crash the next one I will have plenty of spare parts LOL.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well, upon looking at my 57 extra again the fuse looks repairable with a new motorbox. All I need is a wing, cowl, canopy, and motorbox. I think what I am going to do when I sell my 51'' slick is buy another red 57'' extra, and a motorbox kit. That way I can fix the fuse and have it as a spare along with my one undamaged wing. That way when I crash the next one I will have plenty of spare parts LOL.

awesome plan!

lbrinson

New to GSN!
It seems everyone is out of the medium size straps. Will anything else work as i need to order it tomorrow so i can get my new 60'' Laser flying. I am hoping to have the build finished by the end of this week and a maiden sometime next week depending on when I can get the straps and some clear ultracoat to seal the hinge gaps. i see a couple places on E-bay have the straps for sale, maybe I will take a chance on their.

Was it really the velcro straps failing or the plywood holding the straps that broke? A friend of mine has lost two 3DHS 59" Slicks because the wood holding the wingtube broke during high G tumbles. He now flies EF 60" Extras with better success. Just sayin.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Was it really the velcro straps failing or the plywood holding the straps that broke? A friend of mine has lost two 3DHS 59" Slicks because the wood holding the wingtube broke during high G tumbles. He now flies EF 60" Extras with better success. Just sayin.

No, it was my straps. The EF laser I am building is definitely built a little tougher.

SnowDog

That is a very good question...the plywood internals are fairly thin, and I can imagine this might be what failed.

What do you think is the best way to determine this from a post-mortem examination of the airframe?

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
That is a very good question...the plywood internals are fairly thin, and I can imagine this might be what failed.

What do you think is the best way to determine this from a post-mortem examination of the airframe?

Well, in my case it was pretty obvious. The battery tray where I had my battery strapped down was not broke in that area. And both straps were undone. And upon further inspecting of them the velcro seemed to be worn out and did not have any strength anymore.