• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Damn, sorry dude... That sucks! Knowing how much you love yaks, the new 60" Yak might be the right answer... Maybe you could find a way to sell some of the remaining 57 parts.

I'm always afraid of ejecting a battery.

What I am hoping to do is sell my 3dhs 51'' slick I have listed in the classifieds, then get the 60'' yak from 3dhs if it is out by june. However i leave for college August 20th. So if it is not in stock by then or I will just get another 57 extra as i loved mine. But all that is dependant on me selling my slick.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Out always a sad experience, sorry for the loss. I always have the confidence that dual straps are enough, now I wonder. How wide were they? I use twin 3/4"

They are 1/2'' wide straps i got at walmart. Plus I had industrial strength velcro on the battery and battery tray. Never had any issues with it all last year and this year so far. just that one time "but thats all it takes LOL". I am running the 4315-714kv motrolfly swinging a 15x8 prop. I was inverted at full throttle and on a downline. I had to be going every bit of 90mph when I did the pop top. Should never have done that, I knew better but decided to do it anyway LOL. I heard a thud and then I had no control over the plane as the thud was my battery ejecting. Thankfully it did not break all the way out of my canopy and the battery is fine. Then the plane went into an inverted flat spin from 100 feet up or so and did that right into the ground. All the electronics are fine, and so is the battery. One wing is totaled, the other is not damaged at all. the motorbox was annihilated, and where the wing tube is was shattered to pieces. With a new motorbox it would probably be repairable, but after you buy all the spare parts ect I would have over $150 to fix it. Might as well buy a new one and have spare parts. or just get the 60'' yak when they come out.

njswede

150cc
Well, I lost my 3dhs 57'' extra yesterday. I did a poptop at around 90mph or more and the plane held up fine. However the battery ejected from the plane. I had it strapped down with two straps, and velcro on the bottom. 200 flights never had anything like this happen with it before. Now I really need to get my 51'' AJ slick sold so I can replace the plane. The fuse is fixable and one wing is not damaged. However the replacement parts would come to $150 alone, and the damage in the fuse is in a real structural area. I fly my planes vary hard and am not sure I would trust my repairs. So I am just going to sell my slick and and buy a new extra or the new 60'' Yak55m if it comes out in june.

Oh, you joined that club. Sorry to hear that. I'm a member too:

IMAG0037.jpg

Mine was fixable, though...

njswede

150cc
They are 1/2'' wide straps i got at walmart. Plus I had industrial strength velcro on the battery and battery tray.

I don't remember what a 57" looks like on the inside, but the problem in my 58" was that there wasn't enough area to attach the velcro to. I solved that by epoxying in a paint stirrer and attaching the velcro to that. I've done many a crazy tumble and crankshaft since then and it seems to hold.

ryan_m

100cc
They are 1/2'' wide straps i got at walmart. Plus I had industrial strength velcro on the battery and battery tray. Never had any issues with it all last year and this year so far. just that one time "but thats all it takes LOL". I am running the 4315-714kv motrolfly swinging a 15x8 prop. I was inverted at full throttle and on a downline. I had to be going every bit of 90mph when I did the pop top. Should never have done that, I knew better but decided to do it anyway LOL. I heard a thud and then I had no control over the plane as the thud was my battery ejecting. Thankfully it did not break all the way out of my canopy and the battery is fine. Then the plane went into an inverted flat spin from 100 feet up or so and did that right into the ground. All the electronics are fine, and so is the battery. One wing is totaled, the other is not damaged at all. the motorbox was annihilated, and where the wing tube is was shattered to pieces. With a new motorbox it would probably be repairable, but after you buy all the spare parts ect I would have over $150 to fix it. Might as well buy a new one and have spare parts. or just get the 60'' yak when they come out.

Try the scorpion straps, I usually get mine from rcdude.com, I've never seen a failure with those. Lots of people sell em these days though. They are sort of rubberized and keep the battery very securely held.

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Try the scorpion straps, I usually get mine from rcdude.com, I've never seen a failure with those. Lots of people sell em these days though. They are sort of rubberized and keep the battery very securely held.

I will give those a try. thanks for the info.

hone

150cc

+1 love the scorpion straps