• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

fixxin2fly

70cc twin V2
I have had packs last (some still going strong) for 3 - 4 years and I charge them fully before storage and they stay fully charged (in a safe storage area of course) until I fly again. Even thru the winter months with no degradation. i think the key is to make sure youre flying with a high enough c rating for the system you are using to avoid the puffy condition
Not based on any study of course and just my opinion / experience

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm on my way to the field, who else is flying today? @Brian Yak Dude?

Got a short video of Brian throwing down a little 3D with my 92 sporting the new Xion prop from [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION].

The Xion did very well!
[video=youtube_share;suqNhbEoDXc]http://youtu.be/suqNhbEoDXc[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
No, it wouldn't start.

Disassembled at home:

Both plugs had spark. But when tightening down one plug, the threads in the cylinder stripped. I didn't tighten that hard :(

Carb had fuel in the pump and filter side. Not much if any fuel around the reeds. Both threads stripped upon re-installation of carb.

So... Either I'm a gorilla, or the the threads were to shallow or metal too soft. Never stripped threads on a motor before, and I've had DLE, EME, GP, etc.

Bummed... Gotta send it back to VVRC.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
No, it wouldn't start.

Disassembled at home:

Both plugs had spark. But when tightening down one plug, the threads in the cylinder stripped. I didn't tighten that hard :(

Carb had fuel in the pump and filter side. Not much if any fuel around the reeds. Both threads stripped upon re-installation of carb.

So... Either I'm a gorilla, or the the threads were to shallow or metal too soft. Never stripped threads on a motor before, and I've had DLE, EME, GP, etc.

Lay off the bananas "Magilla"! I'm sure they will help you out. Good luck. Report on cust service.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
No, it wouldn't start.

Disassembled at home:

Wow sorry to hear, please keep us informed. Is yours the small plug version? I had heard that you have to be real careful with the threads on them. Not sure what that meant, if could cross thread easy or over tighten.

3dbandit

100cc
Finally finished my 104 EF Extra!

Maidened this morning.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 167