• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wedoitall

Check it. 40watts of lights on a 38" foamy :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390491401.294694.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390491413.999417.jpg

wedoitall

Yea that and time change . Could melt snow with the lights. :) definitely getting cabin fever. If I could make it off the farm I would go to the field

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I agree, is that a kit and do you plug into the balance plug or a seperate 2 cell? I'm seriously thinking about setting my new Redwing up like this. And my 58" Extra.

wedoitall

I plug into the balance plug of the flight pack on this . On my bigger planes I'm using tail lights also and using a buck converter . The lights on the one in the pics is way overkill LOL. They are 30-50cc lights. I burned out ones I originally made up for this one. They were really bright too . I guess you could also use a CC bec to get the exact voltage.

wedoitall

I'm running 8.4 volts on the ones in the pic. I'm pretty sure they will handle more , like 10 volts but you would have a regulator to get something between 8.4 and 12.6

I flew the one in the pics night before last and every time I would punch throttle or go WOT the lights would dim. Was fun the couple times it went almost dark. I figured out a few things and got it lined out last night. I did have to use the buck converter . I need to try to eliminate it in the setup. I could definitely tell it had some weight last night

wedoitall

I made me a nock out of a strong zip tie. Drilled holes in the zip tie where the screws for my sfg's screw in and used the sfg screws to keep it down.

On my laser I got alil more worked involved but all the wires are hidden but yea on this one I used blenderderm tape