• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Two flights on the 6HV, one on the 89 so far. Second flight on the heli, I landed and when I was going over it, noticed the roll pin for the tail pulley was dangling, almost completely fell out! Glad I saw it before it cost me!

Put some blue loctite on that sucker next time.

If I had a dollar for everytime I lost a tail pin. I'd have $5 dollars

SnowDog

High school graduation in the morning. Then family reunion, then grilling graduation party at our house tomorrow night. Uggg no flying for me.

Yep, same here...in Colorado Springs to celebrate my son's college graduation. Weather is awesome, 80+ degrees, sunny, wind about 20, and I don't have an airplane with me! (Hard to travel by commercial airline and pack an r/c airplane in your luggage ;)

wedoitall

had my first servo failure today. the elevator servo on my wattaplane. wasn't nearly as bad as I woulda figured. no crashes and greased the landing. wind did help out some on landing.

the plane kept wanting to climb at really slow flight and after it went up high with high throttle it just wanted to loop. almost lost it on the way back down but I pulled out somehow. looks like the motor or pot is shot.

gyro

GSN Contributor
had my first servo failure today. the elevator servo on my wattaplane. wasn't nearly as bad as I woulda figured. no crashes and greased the landing. wind did help out some on landing.

the plane kept wanting to climb at really slow flight and after it went up high with high throttle it just wanted to loop. almost lost it on the way back down but I pulled out somehow. looks like the motor or pot is shot.

glad you got it down safe. Any idea on how many flights before servo failure?

wedoitall

at least 250 on thatone. the last 140 or so were really ruff ones LOL. I did hit LVC last week and landed it in a tree, so that may have had something to do with it.