• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SteveT.

100cc
Always have an opposite deans plug plugged into the one you're soldering to keep the alignment. It will keep the tabs from moving if the housing melts. However, if the housing is melting...something isn't right.

The instructions say not to do this.....but like you, I do too...

Just be careful to avoid shorting your 6 cell 5500 on your conducive jigs up when you remove the other deans. And dont touch the exposed (now hot) male leads.

I use a Panavice, rather than one of those jigs...and of all the batteries I have soldered plugs onto, I have only managed to short one out.....a Gens Ace 3S pack that dropped a cell a week later....

+1. I manage to find a way to get arc flash every time I solder them. Lol

As far as melting the housings, I got a new iron last time I soldered them, and it heated the tabs up quickly enough that the housings didn't melt. YMMV.

I have two Weller SP40L chisel tip soldering irons (40 Watt), and I replace the tips quite often, and keep them properly tinned and cleaned...

And...I had a very pleasant conversation with Robin Deans this morning, at which time I sent him some photos. He wants me to send him the connector so he can take a look at it. He also said there "are" some very good counterfeit "Deans" connectors out there....and even though the packaging says Deans on it, there is a possibility, that I got some.

SteveT

Happy Birthday Chad

Save drive Gary
Thanks!
Happy birthday dude! Officially jealous that you're driving..........still got 6 months to go..........
Thanks Cullen :)
Happy birthday! Shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send you some vinyl with your name on it for the canopy of one of your planes!

Everybody wants to drive when their 16, once you can drink, NOBODY wants to drive anymore! Enjoy it while it's "fun!"
Got it! Thanks! Lol, I'll shoot you a pm tomorrow! :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347938553.352642.jpg

Still a long way to go...