• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

hone

150cc
If you guys haven't seen it go look up Daniel Holman's new video of the 64'' MXS. He does some amazing things i've never seen before! I've already watched it like 5 times, it blew my mind!

hone

150cc
That video really got me in the mood to go huck some planes :D The KE waterfalls were crazy, everything was crazy!

SteveT.

100cc
Possible fake Deans plugs.....in Deans packaging???? Or has Deans changed their plugs

On Friday afternoon, I was soldering some Female Deans plugs that I bought at my LHS where I had bought many packages of them before, but I started have problems with them. The plastic seems to melt very easily, and the contacts then move, making it very difficult to plug the male plug into them. Also, instead of looking like they are gold plated, they look silver instead....check out this photo...The male plug is one I took out of a package I have had for a few months and looks to be gold plated, the female one is a new one, and as you can see is just silver colored. You can see how the plastic melted on the one on the right!!

I went and bought a couple more packs today, and the same thing!! Tomorrow, I am going to go to another LHS and see if theirs are the same....

SteveT

Attachments

• Deans.jpg
    Deans.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
On Friday afternoon, I was soldering some Female Deans plugs that I bought at my LHS where I had bought many packages of them before, but I started have problems with them. The plastic seems to melt very easily, and the contacts then move, making it very difficult to plug the male plug into them. Also, instead of looking like they are gold plated, they look silver instead....check out this photo...The male plug is one I took out of a package I have had for a few months and looks to be gold plated, the female one is a new one, and as you can see is just silver colored. You can see how the plastic melted on the one on the right!!

I went and bought a couple more packs today, and the same thing!! Tomorrow, I am going to go to another LHS and see if theirs are the same....

SteveT

That's why I won't use deans. Too difficult to solder. I like the XT-60 or the EC5 for high voltage. Very easy to solder!

Last day of being 15 is over..... Wow, it was a great year :) I'm excited to be 16! :)

Happy Birthday (tomorrow) Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------

So, I've got the rest of my stuff packed, and I drive out to San Antonio tomorrow. In my trailer I've go the 89" positioned nicely underneath a table, the 72" Extra still NIB, and in my van I've got the 70" and 64" MXS width wise in the second row, and in the back of the van, my two dogs are sharing some space with my 74" Edge and 51" Slick. I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's light out. I really hope these planes survive the move unscathed!

-G

Last edited by a moderator: