• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
I think I saw someone working on a personal hover platform about a year ago, I cant find the video to it though.... I think it has a possability of not being BS so Im gonna say... ummmmm a 5 On the BS meter..... Hows that for sitting on the fence lol!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If you come up with a revolutionary board like that, you're gonna plaster it all over the place and show pictures of how amazing it is. My BS meter needle broke off it hit the 10 so hard. Never heard of it.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ya I'm pretty much with you guys but why would a guy with a reputable reputation do this? I mean he created the first water powered hoverboard seen here:

homeslider2.jpg

Now this...

flyboardair.jpg

And his website seems pretty legit...

zapata.jpg

Check it out here: http://zapata-racing.com/en/

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well let's just say you put on 4 jetcats at P200's with 50lb thrust each = 200lbs of thrust (lift a smaller person), with one gallon of fuel it would last 5min. So thier specs are right at least. If a guy can do it with an oversized quad... Who's not to say a quad jetcat. Just my 2cents... But still a five ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well until I see and read some concrete evidence proving the tech my bs meter will remain pegged at 100% BS. The video was poorly done and the cuts in and out were weird. Doesn't really show him taking off or landing, feet were not strapped in, would think you would want that to avoid a foot slipping off or loosing traction. Just saying if one foot came off it would be bad. Don't know man too many things point to BS from what I can see so far. Beside and no offense or disrespect Bipenut, but just because Time Magazine wrote a little tid-bit about it doesn't make it so bro, and it wasn't even much of an article.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep in this day and age it's hard to trust anything, I get it. This one is hard to figure out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
If I was flying over water I wouldnt want an anchor strapped to my feet.

Doesn't have to be a strap, could be more like something you just slp your foot in like a water ski. Just something to something to keep it under your feet and not get away from you so easy.