• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ya no kidding right!?!?! I am guessing 500cc's will make it move!!!! LOL I'm trying to picture this 500cc engine... is it like a motorcycle engine? Who in the heck makes a 500cc engine anyways?

Wow....

Any did you guys see the EME 55v2 review Bipenut did? If not take a look and enjoy his vid. I think he is liking that AJ Slick!

EME 55.jpg

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthrea...of-EME-55V2-and-accessories-from-Mile-High-RC

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Im guessing its a ultralight engine, could be motorcycle engine or a rotax with a custom output shaft but ive seen those in go carts and they dont look balanced at all

Bipenut53

150cc
Ya no kidding right!?!?! I am guessing 500cc's will make it move!!!! LOL I'm trying to picture this 500cc engine... is it like a motorcycle engine? Who in the heck makes a 500cc engine anyways?

Wow....

Any did you guys see the EME 55v2 review Bipenut did? If not take a look and enjoy his vid. I think he is liking that AJ Slick!

View attachment 37961

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthrea...of-EME-55V2-and-accessories-from-Mile-High-RC

Oh yeah!! That whole airplane engine combination is great!! In fact I am going to fly it again tomorrow. Got to get some more gas through that engine to finish breaking it in. And you know that flight lasted just over 7 minuets long and it came down with a half tank left. so I can easily go another 5 minuets...

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
That makes sense, I'm figuring the 35-55cc are roughly burning 1oz/min. So with a 16oz tank you'll run dry in about 15min, with a 12min timer you'll have 3oz of reserve. That my educated guesstimate. Ha

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
c9bdac3aacf91e91c58106344fd1ff6a.jpg

Here's my next project. H9 Carbon cub 15cc.
Putting Savox 0254mg digital servos in, RCGF 21cc twin, redwing 16x8 wood/white prop, Kavan 5" balloon wheels, 7ch futaba receiver, tech aero IBEC, and that's all I have for now.
Man the struts, wing tube, and landing gear are metal... A lot of weight... I'm guess the 90" wing helps, but wow. It uses push pull for the tail feathers using metal rods and a sleeve. They put a magnet in the lower door to hold it up in place, but not one on the wing for the upper door?? I can fix that. It also uses CA hinges, debating wether to change them now or later to pin style, Hmmm. Overall my first impressions of this plane is that there was a lot of scale features that are esthetically pleasing, but add quite a bit of weight. I wish horizon spent a little bit more engineering on making their planes lighter. I'm sure the plane will fly great though!

Pretty excited to get this thing going.
As of know the rcgf 21cc with 1/4-32 plugs will fit in the cowl. May have to cut the cowl in order to slide it on with the caps on though.

Bipenut53

150cc
That makes sense, I'm figuring the 35-55cc are roughly burning 1oz/min. So with a 16oz tank you'll run dry in about 15min, with a 12min timer you'll have 3oz of reserve. That my educated guesstimate. Ha

Spot on [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] that is the way I flew it today. That engine is definitely getting stronger, I got about a half gallon of fuel through it now. Had a problem with the Optic kill switch today, wasnt passing power to the ignition, took it out of line and fired right up...

Bipenut53

150cc
c9bdac3aacf91e91c58106344fd1ff6a.jpg

Here's my next project. H9 Carbon cub 15cc.
Putting Savox 0254mg digital servos in, RCGF 21cc twin, redwing 16x8 wood/white prop, Kavan 5" balloon wheels, 7ch futaba receiver, tech aero IBEC, and that's all I have for now.
Man the struts, wing tube, and landing gear are metal... A lot of weight... I'm guess the 90" wing helps, but wow. It uses push pull for the tail feathers using metal rods and a sleeve. They put a magnet in the lower door to hold it up in place, but not one on the wing for the upper door?? I can fix that. It also uses CA hinges, debating wether to change them now or later to pin style, Hmmm. Overall my first impressions of this plane is that there was a lot of scale features that are esthetically pleasing, but add quite a bit of weight. I wish horizon spent a little bit more engineering on making their planes lighter. I'm sure the plane will fly great though!

Pretty excited to get this thing going.
As of know the rcgf 21cc with 1/4-32 plugs will fit in the cowl. May have to cut the cowl in order to slide it on with the caps on though.

Very nice!! Hope to see some flight video of that one as well.