• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok then you would run a 21 A down here then in the summer..... Interesting.... Gonna be a high of 29 today, I almost want to take my quad up and plow the runway after seeing your picture, but I got too much plowing to do here... maybe after this cold snap passes by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utoi0ucyOZU

Here is an old video I took of my funcub with ski's and a finger stick camera strapped to the side, poor quality, but you can see the field, glacier, and general area.

Bipenut53

150cc
We are supposed to get another few inches of snow tonight, then rain rain rain rain. :(

Yeah because you are sending the cold air down our way :banghead: lol ..... the Frasier river valley cold air sinks down on us in late December and January equals no fun at all!!!

Bipenut53

150cc
Nice Nick!! Thats a pretty good sized snow bank you are flying next to..... I find that floats work better on the snow.... but I bet those skis work good on ice

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
2ba1204f75271db9c7c490cf49cc75cf.jpg

Not a pretty New Year's Eve for Alaska... Gusts up to 60mph. Just talked to a Fedex pilot who had icing the whole route! Yikes!

6a73ca354de45e916f0f3e4047c21026.jpg

There's some Radome Rime ice this morning.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Ok, so our wet and windy (and chilly for us) weather for new year's is no match for what you have in Alaska. Still going to be no-fly until Sunday.