• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bipenut53

150cc
Starting the rebuild of the transmission on my wife's Tahoe, I found the reaction sun shell hub broken, exactly what I thought the problem was before I tore the transmission down. Complete rebuild seals, papers, steels, and frictions total cost......... 180.00 New reaction sun shell 65.00 I hope to have it back together this afternoon if the heat doesnt drive me out of the shop......

DSCN2902.JPGDSCN2903.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
WOW!!! That's a crazy job ahead of you and one i don't think i could do! I did impress myself a couple weeks ago with replacing the front hub/wheel bearing assembly on my Expedition! Rides like a dream now.... :)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I had the water pump on my jeep completely fail, which of course spit the serpentine out on the road without my knowing, and simultaneously tore a sizable chunk out of the radiator and fan shroud. And then the fan got wedged between the radiator and the engine block which bent the fan and made it a larger pain to get it out. The only reason I knew something was wrong was when I stopped at the store to find coolant erupting out from underneath the jeep. Managed to limp it home. That was a pricey fix :eek:

How I didn't hear the fan tearing my engine compartment up I have no idea. That stupid Jeep will never die though :banana:

You must have the bullet proof 4.0 in that jeep. I recently had a 4x4 cherokee that my son destroyed... loved it and miss it. It had tons of power and was a blast to drive. I also had a roommate when i lived in Hawaii and I got to drive his Jeep Wrangler everywhere, what a blast that was.

Bipenut53

150cc
WOW!!! That's a crazy job ahead of you and one i don't think i could do! I did impress myself a couple weeks ago with replacing the front hub/wheel bearing assembly on my Expedition! Rides like a dream now.... :)

lol Yeah I enjoy doing automatic transmissions.... I am glad I got the training from GM, Im a cheapskate lol and I know what some of those rebuild places do. In the pictures below you can see the broken hub on the reaction sun shell and then the new one.... what it is supposed to look like.... Broken hub = no reverse and no shift from 1-2.....

DSCN2904.JPGDSCN2905.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You must have the bullet proof 4.0 in that jeep. I recently had a 4x4 cherokee that my son destroyed... loved it and miss it. It had tons of power and was a blast to drive. I also had a roommate when i lived in Hawaii and I got to drive his Jeep Wrangler everywhere, what a blast that was.

Actually it's a 5.2 V8. Which is also a bulletproof engine. Would really like to find a 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9L Unicorn one day...

Needed the V8 incase I got a trailer I wanted to tow..

Last edited by a moderator:

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Starting the rebuild of the transmission on my wife's Tahoe, I found the reaction sun shell hub broken, exactly what I thought the problem was before I tore the transmission down. Complete rebuild seals, papers, steels, and frictions total cost......... 180.00 New reaction sun shell 65.00 I hope to have it back together this afternoon if the heat doesnt drive me out of the shop......

Yeah, exactly what I was thinking :ashamed: