• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION], have you gone to the Wenatchee huckfest in the past? I was looking to see if it is advertised anywhere for 2015 and can't seem to find it.

As [MENTION=3348]Bipenut[/MENTION] stated, the Wenatchee huck is cancelled for this year. I think it was something to do with club politics, but they'll realize that it's not the greatest financial decision to not do a huckfest. Not sure if they will be doing another one anytime soon.

Would be nice if more huckfests were down this way- I am still thinking about going up to the Lodi huck this year.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I am looking at Lodi as a possibility as well. Too bad about Wenatchee... it would have been a bit closer.

Bipenut53

150cc
The way I understand it, they wont be doing any more huckfest in Wenatchee. Partially due to club politics, and also in part to one neighbor......

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
This is exactly why someone needs to buy a slice of property in the rural back country of southern So Cali where nobody is and we can fly all we want to.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
This is exactly why someone needs to buy a slice of property in the rural back country of southern So Cali where nobody is and we can fly all we want to.

In San Diego county, it's nearly impossible to find enough level ground for a flying field. Rolling hills everywhere.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
What a freaking day! I lost a serpentine belt about 10 miles from home. I thought oh well... I should be able to make it home and then deal with it. NOT! Battery died about 5 blocks from home. It should have been good for another 20 miles at least. It failed a battery test at O'Reilly after I couldn't get it to even jump. So three trips to the parts store and lots of irritation that took all evening I am waiting for my wife to get back with the new battery to install. Between the belt, serpentine breaker bar, a towing strap, and new battery it cost about $200.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I guess the landowner wants quiet and/or private time with his family on those days. They are on the adjacent property.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
What a freaking day! I lost a serpentine belt about 10 miles from home. I thought oh well... I should be able to make it home and then deal with it. NOT! Battery died about 5 blocks from home. It should have been good for another 20 miles at least. It failed a battery test at O'Reilly after I couldn't get it to even jump. So three trips to the parts store and lots of irritation that took all evening I am waiting for my wife to get back with the new battery to install. Between the belt, serpentine breaker bar, a towing strap, and new battery it cost about $200.

I had the water pump on my jeep completely fail, which of course spit the serpentine out on the road without my knowing, and simultaneously tore a sizable chunk out of the radiator and fan shroud. And then the fan got wedged between the radiator and the engine block which bent the fan and made it a larger pain to get it out. The only reason I knew something was wrong was when I stopped at the store to find coolant erupting out from underneath the jeep. Managed to limp it home. That was a pricey fix :eek:

How I didn't hear the fan tearing my engine compartment up I have no idea. That stupid Jeep will never die though :banana: