• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

njswede

150cc
Really? That's odd. All I had to do was take off, do 5 circuits and 5 figure 8s, then land. I aced it the first time :) everyone was saying congrats and I was like what??? I can fly inverted a fot off the deck and you think its good that I can fly circles?

Different clubs have different rules. My other club has the same rules as you just mention: Fly a few simple patterns and you're in.

hone

150cc
I'm going to be checking out my local club for the first time this weekend. I'm a little nervous because the guy who is bringing me as his guest said he just had a plane get chopped in half from a mid-air. He was hovering and some old dude just chopped his plane in half! I like the idea of seeing other dudes fly and hanging out with other flyers but i don't like the idea of circle flyers killing my planes. Maybe if he or the circle flyer had a spotter it wouldn't have happened.

njswede

150cc
I'm going to be checking out my local club for the first time this weekend. I'm a little nervous because the guy who is bringing me as his guest said he just had a plane get chopped in half from a mid-air. He was hovering and some old dude just chopped his plane in half! I like the idea of seeing other dudes fly and hanging out with other flyers but i don't like the idea of circle flyers killing my planes. Maybe if he or the circle flyer had a spotter it wouldn't have happened.

Yeah, that happens in all clubs, unfortunately. I tend to arrive really early before the circle fliers and do my 3D stuff. When they arrive, I just do some mild aerobatics to wind down the day and then I go home. The problem is that it's ALWAYS going to be your fault as a 3D flyer, since the tradition at these clubs is to fly circles.

At my clubs it usually works out, though. I typically tell the rest of the crowd that I'm going to 3D and they let me do that alone for 5 minutes or whatever my battery time is. There's like one or two old guys who have a problem with it, but I can safely ignore them. The only mid-air I've had was at FLIE when one of the 3DHS team pilots (not sure who) knocked my foamie out of the air as I was hovering over the runway and he came in for a low pass...

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just off a 30 minute phone call with one ************* from RCG. We cleared the air between us, and I've gotta say that he seems like a nice enough guy over the phone...
He explained to me the whole posting on RCG issue as this: No STAFF from 3DRCForums is allowed to post links to our site on his. So, that said, it seems that someone in the fly low thread over there seems to hit the report button anytime our site is mentioned, so that also may be where some of the issues are coming from.

My take: Since we are a competing website, he (rightfully so) is entitled to ask us not to stand on his front lawn with a billboard about our site, and we (3DRCForum staff) will gladly oblige. Now if other people want to post or discuss this site there, that is up to them... Not my place to tell people how/what to post on RCG.

Now, back to you regular scheduled programming.... :)

hone

150cc
Just off a 30 minute phone call with one ************* from RCG. We cleared the air between us, and I've gotta say that he seems like a nice enough guy over the phone...
He explained to me the whole posting on RCG issue as this: No STAFF from 3DRCForums is allowed to post links to our site on his. So, that said, it seems that someone in the fly low thread over there seems to hit the report button anytime our site is mentioned, so that also may be where some of the issues are coming from.

My take: Since we are a competing website, he (rightfully so) is entitled to ask us not to stand on his front lawn with a billboard about our site, and we (3DRCForum staff) will gladly oblige. Now if other people want to post or discuss this site there, that is up to them... Not my place to tell people how/what to post on RCG.

Now, back to you regular scheduled programming.... :)

That's nice....Maybe he thinks i'm staffed here or something though, because i've gotten a point every time i post about it.

quadracer

100cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

Wow. Yet when a non-staff member posts a link ( within the "one link per month" rule) they get points. Mr Graham needs to tighten the leash on his own rules and their enforcement.

Anywho, back off-topic:)

When I joined my club, I was supposed to buddy box with one of the instructors, but no one there had a Spektrum compatible cable. He was cool about it, and just said "let's make it look legit, and you can fly it.." So, I did a few patterns, then a few inverted passes, and he said "wanna buddy box ME?" Lol

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I can see it now once I finally do join a club. Instructor "I'd like you to fly straight down the runway." Plane travels length of runway doing a rolling harrier. ;)

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's nice....Maybe he thinks i'm staffed here or something though, because i've gotten a point every time i post about it.

Not sure if you edited the posts or not, but if you haven't I'd try appealing...