• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

quadracer

100cc
Guess I'll start stripping the servos and other electronics from my now-deceased 70. Hopefully the engine is still ok.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro = food bank :)

From the looks of my stomach some days, and the fact when my daughter doesn't finish her food... I do... maybe!

Tn Huckfest was amazing.

Awesome! I heard all about it from Josh, jealous I wasn't closer!
That is all.

Guess I'll start stripping the servos and other electronics from my now-deceased 70. Hopefully the engine is still ok.

That SUCKS! What happened?

quadracer

100cc
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

I was waaayyyy up, coming down in a blender. As soon as I started feeding in rudder to flatten it out, a wing blew off. Then a second or two later, the other one blew off. So, it turned into a 300' air-to-ground missile. The sides of the fuse gave way, as the wing bolts were still intact, and had the fuse sides still sandwiched in them.
In a wierd, messed up way, it was actually pretty neat to see it hit the ground so violently.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349052519.706922.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349052540.802438.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349052573.502434.jpg

quadracer

100cc

I'm not sure how old it was, but its an original scheme, so it's a few years old at least. My best guess is that the CA holding the sides of the fuse to the framing let go.

Time to find a replacement frame! Can anyone tell me how the 72SC flies compared to the Slick? I'd like to stick with the Slick, but if I find a good deal on an SC, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

ryan_m

100cc
Can anyone tell me how the 72SC flies compared to the Slick? I'd like to stick with the Slick, but if I find a good deal on an SC, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

I owned a 72" SC briefly. Had an older 70" Slick at the time that I had about 150-200 flights on. Loved the Slick, owned a 42, 51, and 70 then. Bought the 72, it came out 1/2 lb heavier than the Slick with the same setup on it. I flew it on 6s, I think it really needs to be 8s, the power was on the low side for me. I guess I was used to the Slick and it had a bit more power due to the lighter weight. After getting about 20-30 flights on the 72 I decided to sell it. It flew quite similarly to the 70" Slick, certain things I felt the Slick had a slight edge to the Extra, and other ones the Extra was slightly better. Overall they were so similar that I felt I couldn't justify owning both and so I sold the Extra. Having more time and comfort with the Slick, plus it's lighter weight made me like it just a tad better. Plus I liked the scheme better.
You won't go wrong owning one.
Have you considered a 70" Velox? Now that one flies a bit different than the other two, and in a good way. I decided that I can justify keeping one of those in addition to the Slick :D
Much more agile than the 70/72. Loves to get down on the deck and do hardcore 3d. Tumbles better, etc. Not as good at precision though as either the Slick or Extra. But better for low down all out 3d. Depends what you like.

quadracer

100cc

Thanks Ryan, I'd love the Velox but I'm running a DLE30, and that's a little more engine than ideal for the Velox. Great comparison between the two frames, but I gotta say, I'm more a fan of the Extra's scheme than the new Slicks. Who knows what I'll end up with. One thing is sure; no matter what I get, it WILL be a 3DHS plane. :)