• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

njswede

150cc
How ya' been? It's been a long hiatus from RC and RC websites from me. But I got to fly yesterday in perfect conditions and I think it brought my mojo back a bit! The Aeroplus 76" Edge is my go-to plane It's freakin awesome! Gotta get my 104" Slick back together. It's been in pieces all over my garage floor pending cans installation (and return of mojo).

SnowDog

Pontus,

Hey buddy, glad to hear your mojo is on the return! With airframes like those waiting to fly, you should have a lot of stored up mojo!

I've only been flying once this year (early March) but that was enough to make me yearn even more for clear skies, warmer temps, and less items on my todo list that keep me away from the field.

Cheers,
Mike

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
How ya' been? It's been a long hiatus from RC and RC websites from me. But I got to fly yesterday in perfect conditions and I think it brought my mojo back a bit! The Aeroplus 76" Edge is my go-to plane It's freakin awesome! Gotta get my 104" Slick back together. It's been in pieces all over my garage floor pending cans installation (and return of mojo).
Great to see you Pontus. Life is just clipping along... I still feel like I'm waiting for flying season to start even though the weather is never consistently bad here in Vegas. Work has just been super busy.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How many watts does a generator to need put out so that I can charge 40 amps at 24 volts?

Watts are simply amps x volts. So in your case, 40 x 24 = 960 watts.

The thing that you have to take into consideration is efficiency losses. A 1,000 watt generator may not give you a sustained 960 watts due to inefficiency in the system.

Not only that, but if you are pushing the genny to it's capacity it is working really hard.. better to get a 1500 watt generator to have some head-room.

My current generator (not inverter, it's unregulated) makes about 650 watts at peak, and it's plenty for my charger. I'm only charging 10 amps per channel, 20 amps total, 500 watts max. An 800w inverter generator would be plenty for me.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Anyone ever owned a PAU plane? I ordered a 50cc edge yesterday

I have not but I have seen a 150cc PAU Extra hit the dirt hard, like really hard nose in from 30 feet or so. It was a brand new plane and a potential customer was trying it out. Ahhhh the gasp and the shame was intolerable to look at but the victory came when they repaired the motorbox and put it back into the air in less than 2 hours! I am still amazed at the beating that airframe took and absorbed without much damage. I thought for sure it was a total loss!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp

Awesome to see ya buddy! Congrats on getting the mojo back!, we've missed ya!