• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[video=youtube_share;9jf4YIo_Q2g]http://youtu.be/9jf4YIo_Q2g[/video]

Good one Gary and Brian! Gary what are you using for a camera? I like the video, quick pilot review format. A nice follow up format might be an "average" pilot flight with response to "round" it out. It might be a good way to show off any "forgiveness" or not! That an airframe has.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Good one Gary and Brian! Gary what are you using for a camera? I like the video, quick pilot review format. A nice follow up format might be an "average" pilot flight with response to "round" it out. It might be a good way to show off any "forgiveness" or not! That an airframe has.

Tried that with the 71" extra from aerobeez and I honestly didn't feel like it added much to the video. My flying isn't the most entertaining to watch.

However, I'm comfy saying that the plane does fly well even in my hands. Very tiny bit of wing rock with the racing tips and no SFG installed (comes from the factory with tips built on) but it was still fun to fly even at my skill level. It was definitely a high energy airplane at 12.3 lbs and the high speeds we pushed it to.

I think there is value in the average joe pilot video. I really learned that with the redwing this weekend. The CG was way off and Brian still made it look good. Maybe not a whole long 10 minute flight, but some of the maneuvers.

I also saw this with my Sabre X 10cc conversion. It flew ok in my hands and could do all the tricks, but Cody made it look like a gem. I could not get anyone else to fly it as they were scared of it!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I think there is value in the average joe pilot video. I really learned that with the redwing this weekend. The CG was way off and Brian still made it look good. Maybe not a whole long 10 minute flight, but some of the maneuvers.

I also saw this with my Sabre X 10cc conversion. It flew ok in my hands and could do all the tricks, but Cody made it look like a gem. I could not get anyone else to fly it as they were scared of it!

Fair enough. I'll try and get some vid of me flying next time out.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Fair enough. I'll try and get some vid of me flying next time out.

Either that or some on screen feedback from other "avg" pilots. I think it would be good for the up and coming competitors that don't have the exposure and shear numbers of airframes out there for most to try. I'm sure others have had the same experience as I have by putting a well setup and tamed down high performance airplane in the hands of an otherwise intimidated pilot- magic!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Either that or some on screen feedback from other "avg" pilots. I think it would be good for the up and coming competitors that don't have the exposure and shear numbers of airframes out there for most to try. I'm sure others have had the same experience as I have by putting a well setup and tamed down high performance airplane in the hands of an otherwise intimidated pilot- magic!

I just realized I have some footage of this plane with me on the sticks, from the maiden and second flight. I work on editing it over the next week and get it published.