• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dbandit

100cc
After every 10 to 20 flights, I find my pull-pull rudder cable has stretched and I need to tighten the turnbuckles half a turn or so. Do you guys find this needs to be done for the life of the airframe? Or will they stretch to a certain point and then stretch no more? Or should I maybe use a cable other than what came with the 3DHS kit?

Thanks,
Marc

With steel cables, I am constantly having to tighten them. I ended up switching to Kevlar cable(doesn't stretch).

With steel cables, I am constantly having to tighten them. I ended up switching to Kevlar cable(doesn't stretch).

That's normal. They should only stretch so far though so you should only have to tighten them up once or twice.

Thanks guys. I'll see if the stretching stabilizes over the next few weeks. The other guys in my club don't seem to have this problem but I think I wiggle my rudder more than they do. :eek:

Marc

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks guys. I'll see if the stretching stabilizes over the next few weeks. The other guys in my club don't seem to have this problem but I think I wiggle my rudder more than they do. :eek:

Marc

(ESFH- enter sarcastic font here) what? You mean that thing that moves the tail wheel for taxiing?!!! Lol

(ESFH- enter sarcastic font here) what? You mean that thing that moves the tail wheel for taxiing?!!! Lol

Wait I thought that input on the Right stick was just to Steer the plane on the ground.. you mean you can actually make the planes do someting in the air with it

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Wait I thought that input on the Right stick was just to Steer the plane on the ground.. you mean you can actually make the planes do someting in the air with it

Again (ESFH) Sad but true. The rudder appears to be a "new found" control surface that has been exploited by this "crazy" 3D, Precision, Pattern, XA revolution! Rudder and throttle gimbals all over the world are being exercised while flying foamies, pattern planes , scale aerobatics and these "new fangled" 3D and XA planes. Sorry, ask anyone and they will tell you rudder use (lack of) is a huge pet peeve of mine! I was flying a little "flight test" foam board f22 with elevens only recently and looked down and I was using "ghost" inputs to an "imaginary" rudder. Funny. Give an "old school" pilot a foamie and most can't fly them because of a lack of rudder discipline. I'm trying to introduce as many as I can to that "other" stick. It's so empowering!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
What a bunch of anarchists! If God wanted the left hand to be the equal of the right, She would have put the thumb on the other side

;-)

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Again (ESFH) Sad but true. The rudder appears to be a "new found" control surface that has been exploited by this "crazy" 3D, Precision, Pattern, XA revolution! Rudder and throttle gimbals all over the world are being exercised while flying foamies, pattern planes , scale aerobatics and these "new fangled" 3D and XA planes. Sorry, ask anyone and they will tell you rudder use (lack of) is a huge pet peeve of mine! I was flying a little "flight test" foam board f22 with elevens only recently and looked down and I was using "ghost" inputs to an "imaginary" rudder. Funny. Give an "old school" pilot a foamie and most can't fly them because of a lack of rudder discipline. I'm trying to introduce as many as I can to that "other" stick. It's so empowering!!!!
Same here. i was testing a FT F22 for an older guy who flies at our field. I kept feeding rudder into it only to find it did nothing LOL. There are a lot of pilots I know who also never tough there throttle. They act like it is an on and off switch LOL.

AKfreak

150cc
Does anyone know where I can get my hands on a 6mm tapered mount prop shaft and nut without having to pay $8-10 bucks on shipping?

ryan_m

100cc
Check out http://www.rcdude.com/
do a search for "6mm prop", they have 3 choices. They are also really fast shipping, and usually only charge 3-4 bucks for a small USPS package like that. Been a while since I ordered from them, but they were always reasonable.
Great source for props too..