• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
Time for wings!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389453688.553460.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
Off to a crappy start... Secraft fuel pump is dead... The motor won't turn over... Can hear it try. Damn!

Had to call the wife to drive 25 minutes with my hand pump. She's not happy :(

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
"Ain't got no gas in it" (Slingblade)
Siphon it in there man!
Someone is going to want a favor for delivery service.
Good luck. With the planes too.

Off to a crappy start... Secraft fuel pump is dead... The motor won't turn over... Can hear it try. Damn!

Had to call the wife to drive 25 minutes with my hand pump. She's not happy :(

My wife's reply to a request for a field delivery would not be repeatable here. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

I bought this MPI hand pump shown in the photo. I can't get the thing to self-prime. So I need to suck fuel into the pump, then I can pump gas. Is that just normal for this type of hand pump?

Marc

MPI Pump.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
My wife's reply to a request for a field delivery would not be repeatable here. Consider yourself lucky. ;)

I bought this MPI hand pump shown in the photo. I can't get the thing to self-prime. So I need to suck fuel into the pump, then I can pump gas. Is that just normal for this type of hand pump?

Marc

View attachment 20429

Marc,

I had trouble getting mine to prime sometimes too, and then someone at the field told me to lower the hand pump down... That when I was holding it at waist level it couldn't draw the fuel up that high to prime.
Have you tried priming down low near the ground?

Gary

Thanks Gary. Lowering the pump helped. I could see the fuel get to the top of the can. But I just realized that I have to crank VERY fast for 10 revs or so to get the gas to the pump. Then once I feel the gas in the gears of the pump I can slow down. One more problem solved. I appreciate it. No more taste of gas on my lips while I'm flying. :eek:

Marc