• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Question- I have a new Gecko 85 esc going in a rebuild of my 60" EF Extra. Running 5245 Hitecs, what voltage should I run? Default is 5.0v
Thanks. What a nice job they did on the Gecko!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Question- I have a new Gecko 85 esc going in a rebuild of my 60" EF Extra. Running 5245 Hitecs, what voltage should I run? Default is 5.0v
Thanks. What a nice job they did on the Gecko!
The 5245 is rated for 6.0 volts since it is not HV. So set your BEC to 6.0 volts and you will be good.

dth7

The 5245 is rated for 6.0 volts since it is not HV. So set your BEC to 6.0 volts and you will be good.

Cool, there is an Airtronics 94820 on the elevator but again not HV so it should handle the 6 v too.
Thanks.
I've been spoiled on the Laser with 7245 HVs so this will be a slight step back but the extra did fine with the non HVs before.

dth7

Hey guys- Real Flight upgrade question?

I have a friend in the club that I'm trying to get on multi player in RF 6.5. He has 5.5 and bought an upgrade disk to 6.5. He had one replaced all ready suspecting a bad disk. I haven't seen his system in person and am trying to help him remotely. He's operating Vista and his computer is fine. He gets the disk to start but it doesn't boot. He has tried manually as well. He has 5.5 updated to latest version and has updated all his drivers with MS. Any clues. I feel bad since I got him into this and hes' going thru this BS with it. Next step is customer service on Monday.
Thanks

Hey guys- Real Flight upgrade question?

I have a friend in the club that I'm trying to get on multi player in RF 6.5. He has 5.5 and bought an upgrade disk to 6.5. He had one replaced all ready suspecting a bad disk. I haven't seen his system in person and am trying to help him remotely. He's operating Vista and his computer is fine. He gets the disk to start but it doesn't boot. He has tried manually as well. He has 5.5 updated to latest version and has updated all his drivers with MS. Any clues. I feel bad since I got him into this and hes' going thru this BS with it. Next step is customer service on Monday.
Thanks

When in my computer dose the optical drive recognise the disk is there? If so the right click the drive then hit run. There's so many reasons that it wouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

When in my computer dose the optical drive recognise the disk is there? If so the right click the drive then hit run. There's so many reasons that it wouldn't work.

Thanks. He tried right click on the drive but can't get to the .exe file to manually run! Frustrating.

Thanks. He tried right click on the drive but can't get to the .exe file to manually run! Frustrating.

Hmm. If it won't execute the exe. Maybe something wrong with the registry files. Can be caused by 3rd party application or a virus. There are many programs that can fix registry issues. He can Google them. Or go to the Microsoft website and they have a program called Microsoft fix it. Try that.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

How long is he waiting before giving up? It seems like that installer takes quite a while to start.

dth7

How long is he waiting before giving up? It seems like that installer takes quite a while to start.

I told him to let it "cook" for an hour. I don't think it ever loaded. He's going to call cust service tomorrow. What are the odds of two bad disks? I told him its possible.