• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
WE have nasty white stuff on the ground with lots more coming. Our community is not used to winter driving... makes me afraid to get on the roads to head home.

WE have nasty white stuff on the ground with lots more coming. Our community is not used to winter driving... makes me afraid to get on the roads to head home.

I just have a bunch of ice. I can guarantee you, these other texans don't know how to drive in ice. It's scary.

Send them up here (to visit!) we'll teach em. Lol

Please do! I've had no problems myself, I learned how to drive on ice in Chicago and other parts of IL and in canada. Just now driving to walmart some dude spun in front of me. Like really? It's not that hard to just slow down some. :p Countersteer guys! Now mind you I've had some fun sliding around corners and doing donuts with my dad :D

SnowDog

funny thing is, I'm in Chicago and we don't have any snow! It's cold...temps in the 20's...but thats about it. go figure.

3dNater

Guys driving 10 miles from my office to my home was seriously an adventure! People here might as well be Texans as far as driving in snow is concerned. I stopped to help 4 different vehicles. 3 of them were at the same intersection. This one lady was seriously distraught because she had a stick shift car and was trying to drive it like normal from a stop sign that had a little incline. Needless to say she wasn't going anywhere. I had to calm her down and then ultimatley had her get out so I could drive her car to a flat spot. I have never really dealt with another adult that was so distraught about driving but she said she had been trying to drive home for over 2 hours and had been stuck spinning out at that intersection for 10 minutes before I came and helped her. No sooner was she on her way with strict instructions not to touch the gas pedal than another car rolled up and got stuck in the same exact spot. Same drill as the first without the emotional drama... then a third... I'm sure I could have stayed there all evening giving basic winter driving lessons to person after person. The first lady had dropped her phone in the snow when she got out of the car so I had called it with mine to find it. Later in the evening I got a call from her thanking me profusely... turns out we live in the same neighborhood and my son plays with her grandson. What a night! When I got home I took my kids out and had them help me make a huge pile of snow smack in the middle of the street... that will get peolle to slow down a little haha I hope it lasts a month!

dth7

Guys driving 10 miles from my office to my home was seriously an adventure! People here might as well be Texans as far as driving in snow is concerned. I stopped to help 4 different vehicles. 3 of them were at the same intersection. This one lady was seriously distraught because she had a stick shift car and was trying to drive it like normal from a stop sign that had a little incline. Needless to say she wasn't going anywhere. I had to calm her down and then ultimatley had her get out so I could drive her car to a flat spot. I have never really dealt with another adult that was so distraught about driving but she said she had been trying to drive home for over 2 hours and had been stuck spinning out at that intersection for 10 minutes before I came and helped her. No sooner was she on her way with strict instructions not to touch the gas pedal than another car rolled up and got stuck in the same exact spot. Same drill as the first without the emotional drama... then a third... I'm sure I could have stayed there all evening giving basic winter driving lessons to person after person. The first lady had dropped her phone in the snow when she got out of the car so I had called it with mine to find it. Later in the evening I got a call from her thanking me profusely... turns out we live in the same neighborhood and my son plays with her grandson. What a night! When I got home I took my kids out and had them help me make a huge pile of snow smack in the middle of the street... that will get peolle to slow down a little haha I hope it lasts a month!

Nate, I'm afraid to ask what state you are in? Or is it what "planet" are you on? The planet DRYROAD where the coefficient of friction of car tires and driving surface never changes! Lock down the house and keep the children off the roads, it's mayhem out there. Maybe that's it, maybe they were shooting an Allstate commercial and you didn't know it.