• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Actually this was about 5 minutes ago. Long after I quit. I didn't even post that much on RCG ;)
You are young without a lot of life lessons learned, some day you will learn that discretion should have told you to never make that post as it is like a slap in the face to Gary and the rest of the people that like this place. BTW I have a free Plus membership too and I simply don't see your logic.
ciao

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
You are young without a lot of life lessons learned, some day you will learn that discretion should have told you to never make that post as it is like a slap in the face to Gary and the rest of the people that like this place. BTW I have a free Plus membership too and I simply don't see your logic.
ciao

Well put. A kid looking to be sponsored should realize that sponsors are looking for kids who can be an ambassador for their product. Nice flying skills isn't enough. They expect professionalism as well. I wouldn't take a kid that acts like a basketball premadonna... I just wouldn't need a superstar that bad... RC is all about community relationships and sponsored kids can do as much damage as good to a brand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
ciao

Agree, in my mind I gave the benefit of doubt to both parties and commended them on a peaceful split. Gloating about an RCG+ membership on both forums shows age and brings unnecessary negative attention to both parties.

Live, learn, move on.. best of luck to both parties.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
ciao

Well put. A kid looking to be sponsored should realize that sponsors are looking for kids who can be an ambassador for their product. Nice flying skills isn't enough. They expect professionalism as well. I wouldn't take a kid that acts like a basketball premadonna... I just wouldn't need a superstar that bad... RC is all about community relationships and sponsored kids can do as much damage as good to a brand.

Agree, in my mind I gave the benefit of doubt to both parties and commended them on a peaceful split. Gloating about an RCG+ membership on both forums shows age and brings unnecessary negative attention to both parties.

Live, learn, move on.. best of luck to both parties.

I wasn't "gloating" on it. The RCG Plus ISN'T something to gloat about:facepalm:. I thought it was just a coincidence, considering I never post on RCG and now all the sudden I get invited to be on the Plus membership. Anyway, leaving the "team" wasn't a thrash to 3DRCF, I simply didn't want to be involved with it anymore, I tried to leave privately but they wanted no part in that, so I decided to make the post and leave the team. Simple as that. It was conducted professionally as possible, have any one of you even contacted me, talked to me, or know me, on why I would quit the team in the first place?. Thanks guys.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Guys, I saw Anthony's "resignation" post and I really don't think that most of you are being really nice to him, all he wanted to do was to leave the team, I don't think he meant it in any way to hurt Gary or 3DRCF. And if he did mean it that way, why is he still posting in this forum? :confused:

Y'all just kinda jumped the gun before you knew what exactly was happening LOL

:)

Dan

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
Guys, he made a personal choice about doing what he felt was best for him. The timing of him leaving the team and being invited to rcg+ was coincidence and he wasn't trying to hurt or disrespect anyone. Gary has built a wonderful site full of great people and information and we shouldn't pollute it with unnecessary drama. Grab some stick time to remember why we're all here.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I really wish the weather would cooperate for 1 dAy. This shiny new slick is still awaiting its maiden and I am getting antsy about it. Lol.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Look guys, I'll shed some light on this, and state some facts, and hopefully put this issue to bed for good.

-Anthony heard some rumors about me. Go figure... I'm sure there is a long list of them out there.
-He felt like what he'd heard was so eggregious, and the source was so noble, that he wanted to instantly leave the team, and sent me his resignation without speaking to me.
-I called him and explained what he heard wasn't true, and reminded him that he signed a contract for the 2013 Calendar year. I explained that we had an agreement, and he needed to sleep on this.
-He posted publicly on the site that he was quitting a few hours later.
-The next day when I saw that he'd quit, I requested he reiumburse us for our expenses related to sponsoring him, since he failed to fulfill his sponsorship in my eyes. This was a mistake, and I regret it. I should have just wished him well.
-We spoke on the phone a few times in the last few days, and Anthony has expressed some regret to me about how he handled things, and that he'd have done it much differently in retrospect.
-Even a few moments ago, Anthony has expressed regret to me for how he handled this, and that he was to quick to react and make decisions.

I hold no ill will towards Anthony, and none of you should either. He's still a young man, learning the ropes in a very competitive, and very publicly open hobby and business.

Lets let the past become the past. We at 3DRCF still wish Anthony a bright and prosperous RC career. Can we close this issue please?

Last edited by a moderator: