• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
That's a bummer Gary.

At least you've got "a few"other planes to fly though :sunny:

bummer....sincere regrets

Thanks Joe, Thanks Mike... It's hard seeing the remnants on my office floor, but the fuse forward of the turtle deck is shards and gone. No chance for a rebuild. It was fun while it lasted. Absolutely sexy looking airplane.

Since I'm off tomorrow and the afternoon looks flyable, I'll try and take the 106 back out tomorrow and see if we can get the kinks worked out, and also plan to get some more time on the 71"
Not sure yet what else ill bring.
89" Slick, 70" Velox, 64" MXS, and 48" Vyper are all flyable... But I'll only bring 3 total to the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Dang, that's a rough way to toast a 6S pack :(

For sure, he needs some 65C packs for that kind of flying. On my PL8 my Glacier 6S-3300's IR measure 1.8-2.7 that is outstanding for a 30C but it's still not a 65C. Going to be interesting to see if that ESC is going to hold up. Now I understand when reading all of the fire posts on the Castle Cremation threads it always seemed worse on helis.

hone

150cc
For sure, he needs some 65C packs for that kind of flying. On my PL8 my Glacier 6S-3300's IR measure 1.8-2.7 that is outstanding for a 30C but it's still not a 65C. Going to be interesting to see if that ESC is going to hold up. Now I understand when reading all of the fire posts on the Castle Cremation threads it always seemed worse on helis.

Mine read about the same on my PL6. According to this http://www.jj604.com/LiPoTool/ they're right about where they should be. I have around 180 cycles on my 6s 3300s and they're still going strong and have retained the low IR.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Anyone else want some color on their plane? :) :) :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361215561.944998.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361215536.955720.jpg

Randidly

New to GSN!
I am still in the need for an electric motorbox for a 74 Edge any of you gas guys have one you didn't use.
I'll be glad to pay for it and shipping.

Thanks
Randidly

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2

I'm going with some Pulse 45C 6s 4500mah batteries. It seems as if that is what everyone else is using (team SAB). The ESC is holding up great though so far, hardly gets warm and the governor seems to be working well also.

quadracer

100cc
Anyone want an mcPX? I've beat mine up pretty good, but it still flies. Whether or not the tail will hold, that's a different story. :D
Since I got the 6HV, the mcPX just collects dust. Has aluminum blade grips, and aluminum swash, solid CF main shaft. Includes about 5 sets of spare main blades, a spare tail blade, NIP main gear, feathering shafts. $20 + shipping