• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Very nice looking plane...I'm looking forward to some of your awesome action photos...haven't seen any from you in a while!

I seem to be hitting the field on the days when my photographer buddy (Buzzed) isn't taking pictures!

Even better, running same motor in my silver one:)

I was gonna say I thought I remembered you with a 74 at last year's AEF... I haven't flown it on any other motor, but it sure seems like a winner with this setup.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Got to fly the 40 EPP edge today. Tweaked the cg a bit more and really found the sweet spot. Was pretty breezy, 10-15 easy. Took away all KE coupling. Couldn't believe it. Such a fun little plane. It was fun before but now that it is really dialed in its even better.

Didn't get to fly the 48 today. Was in a rush this morning and running late so didn't have time to pack it up. Maybe tomorrow. The 40 is easy to grab and put in the car. 48 doesn't fit with the wings on because of the car seat so it takes a bit more effort to move it right now. Lol.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
My motor and ESC came for my 3DHS 41'' Edge :) Turnigy Park 480 1020kv motor, FliPower 40A ESC. Servos and battery are coming tomorrow... DX6i is coming on Saturday. Maybe I'll test out the Edge once with the DX5e, but once the DX6i comes I have 3 planes to set up on it. :D

:)

Dan

gyro

GSN Contributor
My motor and ESC came for my 3DHS 41'' Edge :) Turnigy Park 480 1020kv motor, FliPower 40A ESC. Servos and battery are coming tomorrow... DX6i is coming on Saturday. Maybe I'll test out the Edge once with the DX5e, but once the DX6i comes I have 3 planes to set up on it. :D

Dan

Way to go! You'll have a busy "install/setup" weekend

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Here's the unboxing/info video. My jet came today too and I unboxed that... but that's not 3D so I won't post the video ;)

Subscribe and you'll be notified right away once I get a video up about the 3DHS 41'' Edge's maiden... again!

[video=youtube;qTrEJpIBwAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrEJpIBwAE[/video]

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2

Attachments

• 2013-01-08_13-24-19_786.jpg
    2013-01-08_13-24-19_786.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 145
  • 2013-01-08_13-22-26_45.jpg
    2013-01-08_13-22-26_45.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 2013-01-08_13-20-58_988.jpg
    2013-01-08_13-20-58_988.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:

3dplank

70cc twin V2
Here's the unboxing/info video. My jet came today too and I unboxed that... but that's not 3D so I won't post the video ;)

Subscribe and you'll be notified right away once I get a video up about the 3DHS 41'' Edge's maiden... again!

[video=youtube;qTrEJpIBwAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTrEJpIBwAE[/video]

Dan

I am not here to knock you or make you mad, but I have tried the cheap parts route. You are only gonna get frustrated by not using what is recommended to fly the edge. It just don't fly the same without it. I am just telling you what I have been through. I owned 4 edges. The esc can be cheap, but that is all I would skimp on to get to fly like it was made to fly. I just want you to enjoy the original buck huck:D

njswede

150cc
I am not here to knock you or make you mad, but I have tried the cheap parts route. You are only gonna get frustrated by not using what is recommended to fly the edge. It just don't fly the same without it. I am just telling you what I have been through. I owned 4 edges. The esc can be cheap, but that is all I would skimp on to get to fly like it was made to fly. I just want you to enjoy the original buck huck:D

Been there, done that and its so true. I tried a cheaper and slightly heavier motor and could never get the GC quite right. With the Omega 72g its a piece of cake. Reminds me I should really glue up the motor box I damaged when trying to play with the cool kids last FLIE...