• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Joe "Hone" Villavicencio

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks for the kind words guys!

3d "horse" sounds awesome. I'll have to find some more 3d folks to play with around here though haha :)
You guys are definitely on to something. I play the same game in skateboarding(called "skate" )and it is a fantastic way to learn new moves and push your friends to try new moves as well.

I really think we should try it! I'll do some brainstorming :D

-G

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks for the kind words guys!

3d "horse" sounds awesome. I'll have to find some more 3d folks to play with around here though haha :)
You guys are definitely on to something. I play the same game in skateboarding(called "skate" )and it is a fantastic way to learn new moves and push your friends to try new moves as well.

Exactly. A friendly way of pushing yourself and friends to get better. You can go as low keyed or ballistic as your imagination takes you.
So Hone was that a crank to KE spin? Looked like it, very nice. Show me a crank to wall!
See, like that! Or, "oh ya, top this..." Now if we ever played you'd have to spot me like Cody- you start with "HUC" haha!
I think this would make a great lead in to a 3D competition that we've been kicking around. A simpler version for pure fun.
Disclaimer- Credits to wedoitall if he posted this idea earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I can't wait to try and play a game of "HUCK", it sounds fun :)

That was indeed a crankshaft to knife edge spin. A crankshaft to wall would be sick! Sounds hard though haha. The crankshaft flows nicely into a KE spin since it's about the same input. You just play with the ailerons a little when it transitions from the crankshaft to the KE spin. I'm really loving the 48'' Extra and i'm so glad i have it, especially with my 78'' out of commission.

dth7

I can't wait to try and play a game of "HUCK", it sounds fun :)

That was indeed a crankshaft to knife edge spin. A crankshaft to wall would be sick! Sounds hard though haha. The crankshaft flows nicely into a KE spin since it's about the same input. You just play with the ailerons a little when it transitions from the crankshaft to the KE spin. I'm really loving the 48'' Extra and i'm so glad i have it, especially with my 78'' out of commission.

I just wish you'd make it look like you're enjoying it a little more! Lol

I'm getting the crankshafts down and need to work on some transitions. The rollers are still rough. I watch a lot of Rob Holland videos and like trying his slow, high alpha tumbles. Trying to get down the harrier loop to high alpha harrier to tumble.
Check this routine out-
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFfU5hE8l2w

wedoitall

Exactly. A friendly way of pushing yourself and friends to get better. You can go as low keyed or ballistic as your imagination takes you.
So Hone was that a crank to KE spin? Looked like it, very nice. Show me a crank to wall!
See, like that! Or, "oh ya, top this..." Now if we ever played you'd have to spot me like Cody- you start with "HUC" haha!
I think this would make a great lead in to a 3D competition that we've been kicking around. A simpler version for pure fun.
Disclaimer- Credits to wedoitall if he posted this idea earlier.

no credits needed my friend, JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN :D I think this would be awesome. This could be a warmup for the contest that you and Cody were talking about a month or so back.

could even do it on RF until then. I like doing blend-offs on RF. see who can do blenders closest to the ground with out crashing. I like doing the same with deathslides on my real planes.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?1144-**-The-3DRCForums-38!-**-In-conjunction-with-the-NJ-FLI-July-11-14th&p=25664&highlight=horse#post25664 hint hint post #176 :p

wedoitall

ive been practicing combining several manuveurs together, especially tumbles, but sometimes I get caught up on how cool a certain one looks and forget to transition to the next. especially when flying the MXS or the Slick.

dth7

So you did! I'm surprised I didn't remember that. Like I said, great minds!lol

dth7

ive been practicing combining several manuveurs together, especially tumbles, but sometimes I get caught up on how cool a certain one looks and forget to transition to the next. especially when flying the MXS or the Slick.

It's funny how people (usually the circle dudes) think every tumble is "out of control". I think to myself when I hear that in back of me. If its out of control why does it usually (no one is perfect) end on the flight line? Hmmm.

I know what you mean. " I get caught up on how cool a certain one looks and forget to transition to the next."
Crankshafts will do that to me!

hone

150cc
I don't know how it happened but i have zero planes to fly right now :(

Still waiting on my OS 33, burned out the motor in my 48'' Extra, and busted all the props i had and lost the prop adapter for my foamies!

Extremely nice weather right now too. A little hot maybe, but i don't mind.

I need to stop beating my planes so hard or get a better job.