• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Team 3DRCF Joe "Hone" Villavicencio

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got home after a 13 hour drive from Wenatchee Huckfest. I had a great time hanging out/camping at the field! The Red Apple Flyers club in Wenatchee,WA is absolutely amazing! Beautiful scenery, awesome runway, grass was cut very nice, AND there is showers there :) There was also some insane flying and fantastic people!

In some other exciting news, i got to hang out and fly with the guys from Aztech Aeromodels while i was there over the weekend and they offered me a sponsorship! I shop a lot at Aztech and love the stuff they sell so i'm extremely happy and honored to join the team! I'm really looking forward to representing Aztech Aeromodels!

Congrats Joe, as I said on the phone this is huge for you! Another great step forward for you, and I'm really happy to see your flying is getting more and more recognition! Way to go!

Awesome! Azhar is a good guy. Talked to him a few times trying to figure out a deal I made with Spot On. Very happy for you! A nice reward for such a long trek. 13 hours is sayin' something about your dedication to get together and fly with everyone.

hone

150cc
Here is a video of one of my flights at Wenatchee Huckfest...Thanks for filming it Bob!!! This was for a little freestyle contest they had on Saturday. Hope you enjoy! [video=youtube;tRHKYfTWtT4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHKYfTWtT4[/video]

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Nice work Joe! Don't you love the 78? I'm starting to get comfortable with mine. Certainly not taking it that low but I love how you can low energy tumble it, slow roll it, then really rip it with high energy. Great versatile frame for sure. I like those hesitation high alpha rolls. Have you had any rudder dings with those low teasers over the pavement?!
Keep up the good work and motivation flying. Thanks for sharing.
Just scrolled back- big congrats man. Azhar and Aztech is a good group. You will do them proud I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Thank you, Daren! The 78 is pretty awesome. I actually did my first inverted harrier rudder drag with it last week :) Tore a little covering off but i'm going to leave it that way.

Just got to maiden my 109'' Slick last night and that thing is amazing! Only needed a couple click of elevator trim. I'll try to get a video of that plane as soon as i can but i'm breaking in the engine for now.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thank you, Daren! The 78 is pretty awesome. I actually did my first inverted harrier rudder drag with it last week :) Tore a little covering off but i'm going to leave it that way.

Just got to maiden my 109'' Slick last night and that thing is amazing! Only needed a couple click of elevator trim. I'll try to get a video of that plane as soon as i can but i'm breaking in the engine for now.

Sounds like fun Joe. I just finished a 60" Laser last night. Going to maiden today at a fly in. I'll be flying my 78 also. I have to make smooth landings since my gear is "sprained". The CF delammed somewhere I can't see and it's a little weak. Waiting on a hvy duty layup fr graph tech. Should be a fun weekend. That Laser built up with one finger center balance right on the money so it should be pretty locked in.
Enjoy that big slick!