• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Subtrim vs. Programmer for Centering Servos

djmoose

70cc twin V2
just found this and wow did I learn something today... Joe per your description below, what is considered very close to maxed out? I use a Hitec Aurora 9 and it has an EPA of 140 for max, should I initially be setting it up to 138? 135? 130? etc...

Another thing to realize is that 130 on an A9 is not the same as 130 on an 8FG. (center is not even the same)

hosam

70cc twin V2
Jeff, I am aware that Futaba and Hitec do not have the same EPA (and centering), which is true of all radios. My question was used purely as an example. What I should have asked was “what is considered almost max EPA, 99%, 95%, 90%, etc”?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Jeff, I am aware that Futaba and Hitec do not have the same EPA (and centering), which is true of all radios. My question was used purely as an example. What I should have asked was “what is considered almost max EPA, 99%, 95%, 90%, etc”?

Sorry, I didn't mean to correct you in anyway...was just adding to the confusion. My bad!

hosam

70cc twin V2
no apology needed Jeff, all is cool with me, but I saw your point and I realized that it was best reworded.

I am just hoping Joe jumps in and answer the question....

I honestly thing that if and when a video is ever made some kind of guideline needs to be considered to cover all radios (i.e. 95% of EPA is used). this hopefully will eliminate allot the follow up questions...

robj

70cc twin V2
I would want to see the sections for servo setup, IMO that is the essential in a good plane setup. I have been in RC for 30 years and every year I learn something different. When I setup my 104 with 3 servos per wing I spent 2 weeks in the basement until I figured it out but after reading this thread and talking to others I may have done it the hard way. Since I am going to build a new 104 I would like to know how people like Joe/Arron/Andrew set their multi servos up. so yes I would sit and watch the 2 hour video that shows the full details on how the servos are setup.

Yea me to. But as mentioned I think it could be less time. A lot of us need the "picture" of what is going on with a little of the explanation.

Was talking to a guy at the field who has several 100cc planes and multi servo wings. What I understood(not what he said if you know what I mean :)), is the geometry on the servos should be the same. So just getting them to not fight each other is the problem. He will use a JR matchbox to do this. But he also has an 11x and it can be done in the radio. But he indicated a programmer does the same thing. Not having a 100cc plane it's not an issue for me at the moment.

But at a huckfest last year some team guys(with plenty of 100cc+ planes)who were setting up a raffle 87 grabbed the programmer first to do the elevator.