• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

standard and metric rant!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Is this the one I got from you? Did you fix it, cause I've been using M3's in them without any problems. I have to take the stabs off every time I transport.

Yes I did because it drove me crazy. You will see that access hatch that was there in the back. It was not easy but all was well after I switched it out.

Av8r RC

50cc
What is the size of the nylon bolts for SFG and wing tips on the 92" Edge. I hate the flat head nylon screws...metric or english.. After installing only 2 times ...I am done with the impossible flat head..

I use a button head M3 x 20mm (I believe) with a #2 bonded washer for the canopy bolts. And some regular M3 socket head cap bolts for the sfgs. Unfortunately the counter bore in the wing tips is a hair too small for a washer. I hate having just a screw holding something on.

Gyro, I'll have to check those out sometime.

There is also this option. http://www.mcmaster.com/#press-fit-thumb-screw-heads/=qshaqh
Similar to the ones Gyro linked. Just a cap that presses onto a socket head cap screw. I was able to find some of these at a local hardware store that stocks a lot of screws, but only in standard size.

Yowzilla

50cc
I found a perfect screw for the wing tips on the 3DHS 92" EDGE. The screws that come with SAVOX servos have a huge head on them fit perfect in the wing tip holes. The only negative is that they are metal screws that can be victim to vibration where the nylon seam to deform a bit and hold. Not sure if i forgot to tighten or vibration got one but my left wing tip twisted up so I landed. The SAVOX screw was still in the tip!! I like how they maximize the contact area.

I will let you guys know how they work in long term...

SAV-SV0235MG-1.jpg

gyro

GSN Contributor
I found a perfect screw for the wing tips on the 3DHS 92" EDGE. The screws that come with SAVOX servos have a huge head on them fit perfect in the wing tip holes. The only negative is that they are metal screws that can be victim to vibration where the nylon seam to deform a bit and hold. Not sure if i forgot to tighten or vibration got one but my left wing tip twisted up so I landed. The SAVOX screw was still in the tip!! I like how they maximize the contact area.

I will let you guys know how they work in long term...

View attachment 21863

I've used them before on a SFG that I didn't remove... Worked perfect with some loctite.

To help keep them on, a small neoprene washer might work to stop them from vibrating loose.
I've got A LOT of these :D