• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spektrum rx advice

Granted, but how many times has anyone heard of a battery issue with todays texhnology??

There are so many choices out there for batteries and systems. Everyone has the choice of what they like to run. I have never had an issue by running 2 packs into 1 Rx. Not in 14 yrs of GS flying, nor in 24 yrs hobby experience.

quadracer

100cc
I don't disagree with that. Batteries these days are (in my mind) a lower risk failure point than a little printed circuit board with 100's of little solder joints. I have ran several planes the same way.

Mikeq

150cc
It still can happen...had a club member with a Spektrum set up with duel NiMh..batteries and failed to turn on one of his switches..After take off it came unbound and went beserk crashing outside next to parked vehicles...he is old school and won't consider lithium batteries...

BarracudaHockey

70cc twin V2
Batteries don't really take out the other if one fails.

Thats really a wives tale perpetrated by people making/selling battery share devices.

Also, when is the last time you actually saw a battery cell fail short instead of open?

Mikeq

150cc
I guess he went too long between charges and with one battery running all the servos the voltage dropped low enough for the rx to come unbound..In the wreckage one switch was off and the rx lights along with the satellites were blinking..so naturally we came to that conclusion...

Alky6

150cc
I really like the 9 channel powesafe on my EF 78. No need to buy a switch as it already comes with it. Plug in two lipos (or a123's) and you're all set. Redundant batts and a fail safe switch. Love it.

-Paul

Alky6;15611 wrote: I really like the 9 channel powesafe on my EF 78. No need to buy a switch as it already comes with it. Plug in two lipos (or a123's) and you're all set. Redundant batts and a fail safe switch. Love it.

-Paul

Which is the main reason I went with the new DMSS JR system for this year (2014). I lost a brand new airplane on a maiden flight. Would dual packs helped this?? Sure would. Would a failsafe style switch have helped too? Damn skippy! But I still would not have known until I went to check the Rx packs, and 1 pack showed higher static voltage. So, I just said F it. Ordered $900 worth of DMSS 11 ch powersafe Rx's.

Alky6

150cc
Bunky F. Knuckle;15634 wrote: Which is the main reason I went with the new DMSS JR system for this year (2014). I lost a brand new airplane on a maiden flight. Would dual packs helped this?? Sure would. Would a failsafe style switch have helped too? Damn skippy! But I still would not have known until I went to check the Rx packs, and 1 pack showed higher static voltage. So, I just said F it. Ordered $900 worth of DMSS 11 ch powersafe Rx's.

Sounds like cheap insurance to me, considering the investment in everything else! Money well spent!

-Paul