• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spektrum DX9

These are some of the reasons I switched to the dx9, so I can teach my daughter to fly

I love the over-ride setup with the trainer on an actual switch. You don't have to hold in the button, and you don't have to look for the switch when you need to resume control. Just put in your stick inputs and the gadget does the rest :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
I love the over-ride setup with the trainer on an actual switch. You don't have to hold in the button, and you don't have to look for the switch when you need to resume control. Just put in your stick inputs and the gadget does the rest :)

And I read in the manual that you can enable each control one at a time, to start teaching with ailerons for example...

Yup :) The "programmable" mode (don't remember exactly what it is called) lets you pick which channels get passed and which stay on the instructor's transmitter.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Anyone here able to give [MENTION=3966]Unclebrucer[/MENTION] some help with his new DX9? He has a DX8 but is having some trouble programming his new DX9.

Here is his post from the introductions area.
"My name is Bruce or Uncle Bruce and I am new to the site from Littleton, Colorado. I am looking for information on how to use my new Spektrum DX9 transmitter. I have two DX8 transmitters and am moving up to the DX9 and I am lost. The instruction book that came with it is terrible! My club affiliation is Jefco Aeromod'lers."

Hope this helps ya unclebrucer!

I can probably help him out with it. [MENTION=3966]Unclebrucer[/MENTION] pm me or post here and I'll help all I can. I'll shoot you a pm as well.

Unclebrucer

New to GSN!
DX9 Help

I can probably help him out with it. @Unclebrucer pm me or post here and I'll help all I can. I'll shoot you a pm as well.

Planecraz3d: I saw your post about being willing to help me out with my DX9 but I don't even know where to go to discuss it with you. Also, I had to send the DX9 in for repairs because no matter what I did I could not tighten up the gimbels or sticks in the vertical or up and down positions.

6172crew

50cc
Planecraz3d: I saw your post about being willing to help me out with my DX9 but I don't even know where to go to discuss it with you. Also, I had to send the DX9 in for repairs because no matter what I did I could not tighten up the gimbels or sticks in the vertical or up and down positions.

The manual shows all the screws to turn, my DX9 came loose and I had to start cranking down on the screws but you will need to pull the rubber grips off and the small rubber covers shown in the manual. I have the DX8 and DX9, both are great but hands down the 9 and the wireless trainer makes it awesome. Wish the telemetry was better thought out.