• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spektrum DX9

A couple cool things I found getting this set up with the DX5:

1. The instructor's dual rates still work, and can be changed without interrupting the student. The student's dual rates also work. The effect is cumulative.
2. If you put the trainer switch on an actual switch, you can activate the over-ride mode, which lets you flip the switch to student control (which the radio can announce for you), and moving either stick immediately switches the radio back to instructor control. You don't have to flip the switch to re-take control. Cycling the switch back and forth returns control to the student.

This is a neat system, and the setup is pretty easy.

Matt

gyro

GSN Contributor
A couple cool things I found getting this set up with the DX5:

1. The instructor's dual rates still work, and can be changed without interrupting the student. The student's dual rates also work. The effect is cumulative.
2. If you put the trainer switch on an actual switch, you can activate the over-ride mode, which lets you flip the switch to student control (which the radio can announce for you), and moving either stick immediately switches the radio back to instructor control. You don't have to flip the switch to re-take control. Cycling the switch back and forth returns control to the student.

This is a neat system, and the setup is pretty easy.

Matt

These are some of the reasons I switched to the dx9, so I can teach my daughter to fly