• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Soloshot anybody? Anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Tom, I'm sure this has crossed your mind, but could you return it and tell them you want a refund since it doesn't work as advertised?

Tom, I'm sure this has crossed your mind, but could you return it and tell them you want a refund since it doesn't work as advertised?
I bought it though a distributor that I like a bunch for my photographic stuff. I am stubborn also. I keep feeling like this thing is close to working right and that I am missing something. I guess now I would rather keep plugging away at it. For level based stuff I bet it works great. It is us altitude people that currently have a hitch in the git-a-long.
One of the things that makes me hopeful of an eventual fix is that it is not using anywhere near all of its vertical tilting capacity. There is something about things going up and down that is giving it a fit right now but hopefully they will get that ironed out. I want this thing to work! It really would be great for my work if it did.

SleepyC

150cc
FIRMWARE UPDATES! (Should help a lot with vertical following!)

We listened to your requests and revamped SOLOSHOT2's Firmware, plus created brand new, much easier-to-follow Instructions For Use!

Make sure to update to this most recent Firmware, version 3.0.1.

Changes include:

Jumps!
Surf & Turf will now track your jumps automatically so you can go big AND get tight shots.

Kiteboarders...we're looking at you!

LED2.
We listened to all of our surfers and RC flyers and made it easier to control how long you want SOLOSHOT to continue following your trajectory if the signal is lost. Deep barrels and long distance flying are problems no more!
dfa425c5-3253-45c3-84a6-8efa6d5edbcb.png

Multi Mode. Now a 1-step process! LED4 will only turn on (RED) when you add a Tag to the system. Once added, you can switch Multi Mode off by toggling LED4 to GREEN and changing other Multi Mode settings.

Motion Time Lapse.
Now it's easier to create your own motion time lapse (MTL) videos with your action cam, camcorder and DSLR!
We hope you enjoy the improvements. Please let us know! And thanks, as always, for your continued support.

Cheers!
Team SOLOSHOT

Sure hope this helps! Please let us know.
Thanks! I believe that is the firmware I have int he unit now but will update again just in case. I also note a few changes in the setup and will print that out and give them a try next time out! I hope this helps as this could be a great piece of equipment for what I do and what others would like.

I downloaded the new firmware and think it is different than what I had downloaded late last week. I will update the base and tag firmware as well as the camera controller firmware just in case that has changed before I try it. Still hoping to get out this evening if the weather holds off.

SleepyC

150cc
My friend at Soloshot said they are working on some awesome new stuff as well.. and I've been added to the "these guys need to know what's up list" so I'll update whenever I can!

I think
My friend at Soloshot said they are working on some awesome new stuff as well.. and I've been added to the "these guys need to know what's up list" so I'll update whenever I can!
I am on their don't talk to list but that's OK I guess. I never seem to get anywhere talking to them anyway. I can keep checking and trying!