• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

So where is everyone from? Countries? States?

bob_nj

70cc twin V2
Contractor.

Spent time in Taji and Balad.

Went swimming in Sadam's olympic training pool one night.

Couldn't use the diving board cuz the snipers were out!

I hate when that happens.

I still work for the company.

We build aircraft and fly them mostly in Arizona at an R&D site.

Spent some time in Oklahoma and Wyoming too.

It's a good company, and a good job.

Got into it through flying R/C.

See, spending all of that money and time at the field paid off :dancing-poop:

reyn3545

100cc
Great! Glad to see that time in the hobby is supporting a rewarding career too!

I've luckily never been in a war zone, just third world cities where I assume everyone but me is armed. Maybe that explains why I'm usually armed when I come back home.

We were on a golf outing a few weeks ago, and it started in one of the player's back yard in Charlotte. He has plenty of room and a nice burm set up, so we spent a few hours shooting golf balls off of tees with our .45's at 20 yards. We hit a lot more dirt than we hit golf balls, but it was fun. That night, I had several empty casings in my pocket, and I started to just throw them in my suitcase... then I remembered, if I forget just 1 of those empty casings, and the TSA finds it the next time I fly somewhere... I got some 'splainin to do. So, I just dumped them all in my gun bag. Gotta clean that out some day.

reyn3545

100cc
I was telling my wife last night that I absolutely hate flying now. I've done it pretty frequently for the past 20 years, over 1 million miles on Delta, hundreds of flights on other carriers... but I absolutely hate the experience in the airport, and even in the air it has become much less comfortable. The airlines don't have to pamper me just because I bought a ticket on their plane, but the environment they create when they quit providing in flight services leaves a lot to be desired. I remember back when an airline job was very prestigious, even for flight attendants. Now I just hear them complain to each other about the hours, delays, etc..