• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Smaller trailers for 40% + sized Giants!

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I have a trailer frame. Where is a good place to find material (also, what material) that us inexspensive? I had a plywood box on it, but didn't fit my needs anymore.

BalsaDust

I will see if I can find the pictures but a guy on another forum not sure which one had built his on top of a harbor freight frame which is what I plan to do. He just put down a floor and then framed walls and sheeted them with plywood on the outside. Afterwards he wrapped it with some sort of marine fabric and sealed and painted it. Looked really good when he was done.

BalsaDust

NCM_0195.JPG
NCM_0196.JPG
on.jpg
side.jpg
trailer.gif

Here are the pictures of the trailer I mentioned earlier. it is 2x2 frame with luan sheeting covered with a 8oz canvas like used in boats. He glued it all on with titebond 2 glue and then said it took around 10 coats of Sherwin Williams exterior latex paint. Said it took so much as he kept painting it until it didn't look like cavas anymore. Said final weight came out around 600 lbs

BalsaDust

No problem. It took some digging for sure. Wasn't actually in a trailer thread but in the middle of a build thread of a profile.

Anyone have any suggestions for a trailer to haul two 40% airplanes? Right now, I have a 16 x 7 x 6 trailer, and it is huge, I keep 4 airplanes inside of it. IMAC season is starting, and I do not want to lug this around. MY gas mileage is 8 MPG pulling that around. I am looking for something that maybe has 4' height, that way, there is less drag. or maybe, that the front of it, is tapered down, so at least the front of it is below level of my SUV.