• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't know why I did not do it before, but yesterday I sent Culp an email. He responded this morning. As it stands he is going to send me a three view worthy of building from. I said thank you very much and asked for any exterior detail he could offer up. I'll pass it along as I get them.
One more on the long list of plans and kits awaiting me.
That's awesome, thanks!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I've been playing around with the 3 view that @Bipeguy03 posted of the Culp Special. I'm trying to get a feel for the size I would want to build. I imported the image into TurboCad and it turns out all three views are a slightly different scale, but after I fixed that they were good enough to get some ideas.

I drew the rough outlines of the major parts in TurboCad to get a better view of it.

Culp Side test.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I received an email back from Dave Dessecker, he is still selling the Solution X plans. Needless to say I have ordered a set.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I've been playing around with the 3 view that @Bipeguy03 posted of the Culp Special. I'm trying to get a feel for the size I would want to build. I imported the image into TurboCad and it turns out all three views are a slightly different scale, but after I fixed that they were good enough to get some ideas.

I drew the rough outlines of the major parts in TurboCad to get a better view of it.

View attachment 83983

Sweeeeeet!!! With an 80 inch san, what size engine you thinking of?

BalsaDust

View attachment 83983

So when's the new build thread starting????

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sweeeeeet!!! With an 80 inch san, what size engine you thinking of?
I was thinking 60cc. Unlike a Pitts, or an Ultimate, the fuse is pretty short compared to the span. That is how I determined the size of the airplane. A fuse of that length will fit on my current workbench easily, but if I go much bigger I'd need to make some changes.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
So when's the new build thread starting????
Funny! I still have to finish my current 3 year+ project. Also this is just in the "Is this what I really want to build next" stage. I'm trying to figure out what I want to build and it's between several different projects including other bipes, a P-40B and a bigger much cooler scratch built fiberglass version of the airplane I'm building now.

BalsaDust

Funny! I still have to finish my current 3 year+ project. Also this is just in the "Is this what I really want to build next" stage. I'm trying to figure out what I want to build and it's between several different projects including other bipes, a P-40B and a bigger much cooler scratch built fiberglass version of the airplane I'm building now.

What ever you come up with will be awesome. Now if we could just get @lakerider8 and @krazykarl to start up some new build treads as well.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
My pleasure. As it stands these plans and pics will have to get inline with the rest. I need to finish the Challenger first, then a Bucker Jungmeister is due up next, the plans are for a 77"ws but I want to enlarge them to around 90ish.