• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I don't, but that is one awesome looking plane as well as quite the propeller on the front. What's the story behind that plane?
It's the airplane featured on Culp's website. It seems that they were based originally on the Skybolt. And were basically a Skybolt R. It seems that the kits now days have Pitts model 12 fuselages that have been modified and use Skybolt wings. I have a 3 view of a Skybolt R, but it's not really the same as this airplane.

A future scratch built project I hope.;)

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have researched the crap out of that plane, was going to build it after the Eagle, but only came up with a few photos and decided to put it off a bit. Culp's site does have enough photos and references to build the plane from scratch though. In the build pics I swear the wings look identical to the Pitts builds I have done.

Last edited:

Bipeguy03

150cc
@Jetpainter Here ya go! I don't think it would be all that bad to design, might even give it a go myself after the Krier.

CULP.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I could build one from those, do you have them in a better format or downloadable? There is enough in their build section to put it together but a three view makes it far easier.

Here's an old thread on FG of a guy who scratch built a 100 cc Culp Special that you might find informative

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61295

Youtube videos of it successfully flying:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Your the man! I was hoping someone here would have it, thanks!:)
I don't know why I did not do it before, but yesterday I sent Culp an email. He responded this morning. As it stands he is going to send me a three view worthy of building from. I said thank you very much and asked for any exterior detail he could offer up. I'll pass it along as I get them.
One more on the long list of plans and kits awaiting me.

Robert,

That is awesome.....didn't know much about this aircraft until I found the thread but it looks like a great build subject

Bill