• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Shop Construction

sweetpea

100cc
They told me it would have been done today except my county inspection for the footers was delayed until after lunch.

sweetpea

100cc
Depends on what kind of barn. If you do an all aluminum one than you would poor a monolithic slab first so that there is support for the building to secure to the concrete with wedge anchor bolts. After pricing concrete, this is way more expensive and the alum supports make ceilings and walls harder to finish it out.

For my version they said they prefer the concrete slab second so it ties the building together. If you did it first then it would have to be 1 foot shorter than the building so they could put the beams and side pieces in, then you would fill the gap with gravel or more concrete after its done. It is just easier/cheaper to have it done after the building is up. The poles are cemented into the ground 30 inches per my county code right now.

They had the door and window in last night and it was all framed up. They showed up at 7am today and were putting the siding/roof on. They said they'd be done at 1pm. Roll up garage door gets installed from 3rd party on Friday. I'm hoping my concrete guy can be in this weekend but he is behind because of all the rain we had last week so that might be early next week.

Still fighting with the electric guy on price/timing. He gets one last chance to come around or I'm finding someone else.

sweetpea

100cc
Garage door Friday. Concrete is still TBD but the guy is trying to do it soon. He got backed up from rain all last week
IMG_20150415_150810665.jpg