• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo setup: EPA, current, and linkages

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Perpendicular to push-rod and parallel to the hinge-line....

I disagree.

This picture shows what [MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION] is shooting for on the left set of servos.

MAN_135_4_0407_011_img005.jpg

I aim for the pushrod to be no further than perpendicular to the hinge-line when at min and max throws. (what is displayed on the right-side of the above picture.)

Last edited by a moderator:

3dbandit

100cc
I disagree.

This picture shows what [MENTION=699]3dbandit[/MENTION] is shooting for on the left set of servos.

View attachment 24776

I aim for the pushrod to be no further than perpendicular to the hinge-line when at min and max throws. (what is displayed on the right-side of the above picture.)

Now that I see a visual, what your saying makes more sense.

Guess I didn't really think before I typed, as my wood planes are how the image on the right is.

I was thinking in terms of my last build(krill) where the servos in the wing sit the way stab servos usually sit with the servo arm sticking out of the wing vertically.