• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo setup: EPA, current, and linkages

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Hum so after reading this my Castle 10A BEC has been set to 8.0v. I just installed a new Gecko 85A ESC and the options jump from 7.4v to 8.4v so I guess it's the rated 7.4v then.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

This amp meter is a must in my opinion when setting up a 50cc, 100cc, and up bird.

IMO any plane with extreme throws. I use my watts up meter. Took a servo extension and soldered some ec3s inline, works perfect.

I would like to get one of those meters that does up to 4 servos at a time.

m0dest

30cc
Glad I found this thread.

Having problems with blowback on my 91" Extra.

Running BLS157s all around,
Futaba R6208SB rx,
Wolverine Switch(only one lead supplying power...ran out of channels)
DA60 ProFlow can
All correct linkages.
smart fly cutoff

Only really notice blowback on a full throttle snap and full throttle rolls.
Not sure what is happening but my first thought was that my RX is not supplying enough voltage to all 6 servos. Ignition is powered on the same batshare through the Wolverine switch but only one lead going to the RX for power. This may be my problem...only one little JR lead supplying voltage.

Going to try running ignition off the ignition/cutoff directly from the Thunder Power rx packs, then get a bigger RX that will allow that second lead in.

hone

150cc
You can use a y-harness to add another jr plug. Just "Y" it into one of the control surfaces.

m0dest

30cc
You can use a y-harness to add another jr plug. Just "Y" it into one of the control surfaces.

It's a good idea.

I thought about getting one of Taildraggers y harness, but I was hoping to be able to just cut out the voltage being issued through the Wolverine for the ignition and run the ignition straight off the packs additional jr plug, then have both leads from the Wolverine for the RX.

If that makes sense.

Plus a couple more channels wouldn't hurt for something like smoke. Or lights.

Hoping it works or I may have to re think the power setup. Cut out the switch, run direct maybe

3dbandit

100cc

Futaba R6208SB rx,
DA60 ProFlow can
All correct linkages.
smart fly cutoff

Not sure what is happening but my first thought was that my RX is not supplying enough voltage to all 6 servos. Ignition is powered on the same batshare through the Wolverine switch but only one lead going to the RX for power. This may be my problem...only one little JR lead supplying voltage.

Going to try running ignition off the ignition/cutoff directly from the Thunder Power rx packs, then get a bigger RX that will allow that second lead in.

It could very well be a lack of power to the servos.

What length servo arms are you running?

cwojcik

70cc twin V2

Futaba R6208SB rx,
DA60 ProFlow can
All correct linkages.
smart fly cutoff

It's probably the fact that you only have one lead going into your receiver. Go to a 6014HS receiver which has more ports. Then plug in both battery connections. Alternatively, use a Y-harness or two like Joe said.

Try putting a volt meter on an output from the receiver, and push on one of the ailerons. See how much the voltage drops. You should be able to stall the servos without the voltage dropping by more than .2 volts.

m0dest

30cc
THanks for the input guys.

Cody, that was my thought too. Been wanting to upgrade to the 6014HS for a while but haven't yet.
Payday is next week so it'll have to wait. For now I'm running the Y-Harness to see if that helps. I have a bunch of spare heavy duty extensions from TDRC I can wire up a Y-Harness.

It could very well be a lack of power to the servos.

What length servo arms are you running
?

Running the standard length servo arms recommended.