• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Scratch build Laser 200

a bit more done, in preparation of the actual hotwire, you will notice an aluminum landing gear which I converted to a hot wire cutter, for the tube holes in the first few ribs,

Attachments

• DSC_0385.JPG
    DSC_0385.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC_0381.JPG
    DSC_0381.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_0382.JPG
    DSC_0382.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC_0383.JPG
    DSC_0383.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0384.JPG
    DSC_0384.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 311

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Roger,
I cut my socket holes with the same bow that i cut the wings, my jig boards bolt together and both socket holes are cut together. I glue the tubes in and install the wing tube while the top of the wings are built. Just food for thought.View attachment 111300 View attachment 111301
Nice idea like that learned something again, thanks for the suggestion.

Why is there a ring on the cutting wire in the center.

BalsaDust

Cool did you get a receiver with it ?

Nope. The sticky on the one pic is where Aloft Hobbies flashed the new firmware on it for me so I can bind to all of my old X series receiver in ACCST mode for now. Now just need to get my old radio programs imported into this radio. Was reading there is some process that has to be done. Gonna start with one of my foamies and my old DLG first. So long as I like everything then everything will be switched over. My DLG's are gonna be the only trouble as I use a bunch of switches on then so I will have to reassign stuff since this radio doesn't have as many switches. Also got two sliders in the package for the X9D. One of them will be installed on the left side of this radio to adjust camber on my gliders. For the time being I will just disconnect the POT and use the slider until OpenTX supports adding more stuff then I will add it back as well as a second slider on the other side.