• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 2231SG Brushless Servos

3dbandit

100cc
It's been a while since I've posted over here.

I'm at around 60 flights on the servos. I'm not as happy with these servos as I was previously.

Electronically, the servos perform great. Mechanically, not so much. I have had some issues with the center gear stripping and breaking. I've stripped two center gears, and actually broken one.

This is one of the ones that stripped.
2014-06-03.jpg
The one that broke, separated where the two pieces meet at the center of the gear.

Azhar

50cc
I have the 2270s all over the 40% Decathalon running into 2 full season of heavy abuse ( those that have seen the decathalon fly knows the abuse). Still tight and strong with no slop. The decathalon has close to 100 flights. That decathalon will be at the monsterfest in Eugene this weekend.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have the 2270s all over the 40% Decathalon running into 2 full season of heavy abuse ( those that have seen the decathalon fly knows the abuse). Still tight and strong with no slop. The decathalon has close to 100 flights. That decathalon will be at the monsterfest in Eugene this weekend.

Jacob is honestly the hardest on his equipment of anyone I've met. If only two of his servos are showing wear after 60 flights then that is probably a plus!

3dbandit

100cc
Jacob is honestly the hardest on his equipment of anyone I've met. If only two of his servos are showing wear after 60 flights then that is probably a plus!
LOL. Maybe..

3 damaged servos gear sets. two stripped, one broken.

Half IMAC flights and half freestyle. Never really flew them all that hard.

I wish the gears were titanium. The 1270's in my edge have hundreds of flights with zero gear wear...

I've developed a little slop in all the 2231's. Nothing major, but a little bit. I think I'm going to swap out the gears before I put them in the PAU extra that I'm building in a couple days. I Might just sell and buy hitec brush-less, not sure yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Tomcat, beware of the 2231 servos.

I had two in my 104" extra that stripped out the centre gear in 6 flights.

And the flights were relatively easy, trim and mixing setup flights.

To be sure they are high torque and speed, but lots of issues with gears stripping.

My first one stripped around centre but still moved although very notchy.

My second broke gears and stopped moving altogether. Luckily for me that was also around centre so no issues getting the plane down with only one elevator servo working.

I contacted Savox USA about the issue via email and got zero response.

I've moved on to JR all metal case and gears. So far very strong, solid, fast and zero slop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azhar

50cc
Interesting, we have 2 120 cc demo birds that are running 2231s with no issues. And they have been hit very hard. Zero issues so far. Still tight and zero slop.

For service, just fill out the RMA form and send it in.

SnowDog

Interesting, we have 2 120 cc demo birds that are running 2231s with no issues. And they have been hit very hard. Zero issues so far. Still tight and zero slop.

Thanks Azhar, that is good information, and as always, great customer service from you!

3dbandit

100cc

How long is savöx usual turn around time?Last time I sent a servo in with RMA, I was without a servo for 3 months. I don't know if that is normal or not for them as I never sent one back after that experience. I just fix my servos myself now.