• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Savox 2231SG Brushless Servos

3dbandit

100cc
Looking to put the 1230 coreless all around on the EF 104 Extra
500oz in. Won't have to remove packs everytime you get through flying, what do you guys think?
[MENTION=2312]tomcat[/MENTION]
1230's should be plenty of torque, though they are a bit on the slow side.

I don't know if i misread this, but I don't see the relationship between servos and not having to remove flight packs.

IMHO - it is a good idea to remove the rx packs after a day of flying. All batteries, lipo li-ion life and even nickle batteries can have failures resulting in damage to your aircraft.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I was thinking you were supposed to take lipos out to charge them. I
have li-ions in my other planes and just charge them in place.

Thanks for the info bandit

[MENTION=2312]tomcat[/MENTION]
If you want to pick up a little speed u will lose 60oz a servo but the 1231, is A great servo I have them on my wings an stabs on my 104 slick with over 200 flights on them, then I have two 1230 on my rudder

Ahblair4

70cc twin V2
Yes, the spektrum 12 channel. It has an issue where it gets warm easily and then causes issues. The servo centering changes and the rx does not work efficiently.

A few of the guys who fly IMAC locally tested the issue, they mounted a 4 in arm to a spektrum 6030 with a deflection meter and then heated the receiver with a hair drier. As the rx warmed up the centering changed by up to 6 degrees and constantly changed based on the temp of the rx. Perhaps [MENTION=1235]Zach-Attack[/MENTION] can comment more on this as he knows more of the details than I do.

I will be installing a temperature probe on my rx and see what I can find.

That's actually really smart for trouble shooting. I'll have to check my RX temp next time

gyro

GSN Contributor

3dbandit

100cc
I now have 30 flights on these servos.

They are still awesome. No gear slop as of now.

The centering is perfect, and they still have a fantastic feel in the air.

Azhar

50cc
We have been flying these servos for the whole of last season and has been rock solid. For those looking for some, contact me as I have package deals.