• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

They jitter a lot trying to find center, specifically with pull pull cables. Long standing issue. Hitec says to lower the deadband with the programmer.

I can be talked into that. I am a pitch hog for sure.

Just started mine. Got all the surfaces hinged and horns glued. Noticed the ailerons are a little warped along the hinge line but I did the best I could favoring the outside. I gap seal all my bigger planes so it should be okay as long as they move freely.

i checked and I think I will use the servo treys as I have plenty of clearance with the 1.75" arms and I like the how the pushrod is linear like the elevator.

Another nitpick is that the horns don't make it to the center of the hinge line. They are close, but they should reach a little more.

uploadfromtaptalk1402634959460.jpgshe is complete.. saturday can't get here fast enough

Got a decent amount done today. Finished the wings and one stab. Got the engine temporarily mounted and the rudder servo in. I think I am going to replace the pull pull wires with ones from Azhar and as always I will replace the tailwheel with a spring tiller I get from HK. Also got the landing gear together. Had to replace the wheel pants bolts with M3x12 as the M3x16s were hitting the wheel. Also as a matter of course I replaced the wheel collar bolts with M3x4s I get from trimcraft. Another hour or two and I could have the entire airframe and radio gear installed, however installing the gasser always takes me at least a day. Too many things to have to customize. Throttle is usually the worst part for me on a single.

Well madien is complete and all i can say is wow,, Redwing sure has a winner here..

The plan Tracks Great,, flys like it is on rails..,, low slow High alpha stuff is great...tork rolls are simple..
We got some videos today at the flyin at Memphis Propbusters..

I can say this,, they sure built a tuff plane.. I experienced my first bad flutter today and,, the wings had to be flapping like a bird scared the crap out of me,,

I came out of a high speed blender into a wide open down line,, and one of my control horns pulled out, and as soon as I pulled level flight,, the Flutter begain scared the crap out of me but I got it down and one piece repaired the horn,, and Hucked her some more..

Videos to come,, just waiting on by buddy tim to upload them