• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

mndless

Don't know a thing..
I have a dedicated webserver... happy to host something there, but not sure how best to approach it, server side software wise..

pretty simple to just post the files for downloading...

Last edited:

Husker

50cc
I have a dedicated webserver... happy to host something there, but not sure how best to approach it, server side software wise..

pretty simple to just post the files for downloading...

That sounds like the best way to do it. Just need to have it set up so everyone can upload and download but not modify existing files(so a troll can't ruin it).

nebwake

70cc twin V2
does anyone ave a decent model tat flies accurately? (te 2 letters between J and F do not work so tats wy my typing sucks:))

mndless

Don't know a thing..
Why not just use Knife Edge Software's own website for sharing planes and schemes?

Just to make it easier for our folks to find our planes, I was thinking... although, if we had a 'links' page, linking to those files on Knife Edge, that would be the same thing... Knife Edge pages are not difficult, but not completely intuitive either.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Lots of the planes on the swap pages fly super floaty. To make most planes fly descent start by adding a little weight, tweak the throws and power to suit and lastly adjust wing area and chord. Modifying planes in 7.5 is super super easy.

thurmma

150cc
That sounds like the best way to do it. Just need to have it set up so everyone can upload and download but not modify existing files(so a troll can't ruin it).
The only downfall to that is if they can upload and download, then a troll could download the good file, trash it and upload it again :( I also run my own server and was trying to figure out the most fool proof way to make it easy and safe for files to be swapped.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I have never used realflight before. I downloaded a slick that was better than the stock planes but it still sucked. Is it just that far off from actual planes? The helis feel pretty accurite and sport planes are spot on but 3d planes just suck. Is the physics engine just not cut it? If so i might go back to phoenix.