• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Real Flight 7.5...

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Everybody has a slightly different technique to get it down, but in general when you steer the plane you are going to want to work on your timings using both rudder and elevator to keep the tail from bobbing up and down and to make the airplane steer in the direction you want it to go. When you figure out those timings you can actively adjust them on the fly and vary your inputs to make the airplane go in a straight line or in a circle in the direction of your choice, even changing the angle of your harrier.

When you can control your airplane like that then maneuvers like rolling loops or Cuban 8's will become easier and easier. The most important thing you have to do is not practice until you get it right, but practice until you can't get it wrong.
I really like that logic. Thanks "X"....

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Yea I know the feeling. I went to buy the 7.5 upgrade but they were out of stock till Friday to upgrade my 5.5 I am doing this with the same enthusiasm as paying taxes.
i just tried again, couldn't do it :(

how about us cheapos team up and buy a bunch of 3.5's and do a 3-and-a-halfapalooza...I've got 3.5 on my old Dell Laptop but there are discs out there in the classifieds at that other site for $40 or so.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yea I know the feeling. I went to buy the 7.5 upgrade but they were out of stock till Friday to upgrade my 5.5 I am doing this with the same enthusiasm as paying taxes.
i just tried again, couldn't do it :(

how about us cheapos team up and buy a bunch of 3.5's and do a 3-and-a-halfapalooza...I've got 3.5 on my old Dell Laptop but there are discs out there in the classifieds at that other site for $40 or so.
Take a minute and check your conversation boxes. Let me know.