• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Radio Wars, Part 2

SnowDog

Glad you like your sd10g...I love mine and it does more than I need...and it is rock solid...and I'm only using fhss-1! Soon I'll get an Fhss-3 (when I get my89 slick) so I can run HV to rx and servos. I like being able to control rates either as a group or individually. :)

SnowDog

There are also 3 quick select buttons on the left side...you can assign your top 3 models to quick select buttons and then when you push and hold the quick select button while turning on the tx that model is automatically selected.

3dcarter

50cc
Spektrum got their ducks in a row I think. I would fly Futaba but I'm yet to have any issues my first generation DX7

3dbandit

100cc
Friends don't let friends fly Spektrum

Today, I feel most radio systems are adequate for our RC needs and will work well If Set Up Properly!!!

I fly JR and Spektrum, I have friends who have Futaba, Jeti, Graupner, and Hitec; all without issues.

As long as radios are setup correctly, they should work. (though there are exceptions. IE: HK radio systems...)

Last edited by a moderator:

cwojcik

70cc twin V2
Pretty much all the systems work great most of the time. Pick based on support, price, and most importantly features and programming.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Pick based on support, price, and most importantly features and programming.
I agree, and the fact that Futaba is sold and serviced by Tower Hobbies, is 90% of the reason I would not choose a Futaba. There are pros and cons to anything and everything, but my experience with Tower's "Hobby Services" is pretty much a deal breaker for me. As far as I am concerned, there is no warranty on anything they sell.