• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop selection

I have a 35% krill extra 330sc with a DLE 120. Was thinking of putting a 28/10 prop on it. Have narrowed it down to either a Falcon 28/10 or Mej 28/10 Evo or Mej 28/10 LF which is lighter than the Evo and I assume lighter than the falcon as well. What do you guys think?

28x10 is a good all around prop. The 29x9 Falcon CF is also a great prop, as is the 27x11 and 12. It just depends on how you are wanting to fly it. :)

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I just switched to the Falcon 28X9.5 and LOVE it. Excellent prop for the 120.

28x10 is a good all around prop. The 29x9 Falcon CF is also a great prop, as is the 27x11 and 12. It just depends on how you are wanting to fly it. :)
I prefer the 27/11 falcon on my EF 104 extra but the krill is quite different to the EF. So maybe try both props to see which I prefer? Ideally I prefer and try to do the high energy type of flying :)

Skyluc

50cc
Falcon 29x9 is too small for this engine,always ripping,I have the Mejzlik 29x10 S on this engine,and same plane,and I feel it much better

Skyluc

50cc
How is it for fast high energy type flying?
It's just wonderful,a lot of authority on all the axis,it flys very light,and the engine drives it like nothing,you can check the videos of gernot bruckman on youtube,you can see a few pics of mine in this post,it was at the beginning of the building,I am still ruling it,but it's nearly perfect from the beginning,and I just need to put it on my taste
http://giantscalenews.com/threads/my-new-extra-330sc-krill-35-is-here.2606/

Last edited: