• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop for 150

Ahhh, the ole Falcon prop chart.

I tried the 31x10W on my 3W 164 in my Dalton. It acted like it was stuck in 1st gear. I threw a 30x13 on it, and it took off like a banshee! :) For that airplane, I like the 13 pitch moreso than the 10. I always ran 12 pitch on that airplane. I tried 10 pitch, and it didnt cut the mustard. But my MX2 with a QS 150 absolutely demolishes a 31x10W. Both engines turn roughly the same RPM, airplane weights are roughly the same as well. I have no idea.....

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I suppose it all depends on the "energy" level of the flying. I've been amping up my speed game a bit more lately so I may be with you bunky. I only owned a DA150 for a few months but did not seem to have a ton a power so I guess there is a trade between speed and spool-up that has to be considered. Low and slow 3D requires a completely different setup than high energy 3D. I'm running a 31x11w on my PAU with the GP176 and really like it for all around flying but not sure how the 150 would like that prop for sure.

That is very true, Terry. But a good all around prop is the 32x10. We ran 32x10's on 140's back in the late 90's. Want more punch, drop to a 30x10, and let'er eat! :)

We definitely have more options to choose from today than what we 15 years ago. And options are good! :)

I bet the 31x11 would be sweet on a 157/170. I'd really like to try one, and see for myself.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
That is very true, Terry. But a good all around prop is the 32x10. We ran 32x10's on 140's back in the late 90's. Want more punch, drop to a 30x10, and let'er eat! :)

We definitely have more options to choose from today than what we 15 years ago. And options are good! :)

I bet the 31x11 would be sweet on a 157/170. I'd really like to try one, and see for myself.
Hey Chris, let me know if you every try a 31x11 on one of your 3dubs. Will not disagree with your statement on the all around good prop being 32x10. But my guess is the 31x11 would be the icing on the donut. Sa-weeeet!!!! For what it's worth though, 32x11? Great prop, John Deere tractor pull. Hey, by the way...not gonna jack the thread but really curious how the 164 is running? Liking it?

Once I get it dialed in, it'll be as strong as a 170. I may have to get a 31x11 and try it. I have a feeling that the 30x13 may be a little fast for me.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Running a 32x10 L Evo on a caeden 118" all IMAC, and 32x10 again for 150L on cans, no experience on the cans yet but the 118" pulls like a tractor and is extremely quiet. both planes in 41- 42 lb range

CEThomas

50cc
If you have someone that you can try different props to see what works best, that is what I would do. I was told to go with the 30x12 but on my 37.5% Yak, I found the 32x10 works a lot better.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Crash....lots of good suggestions here. I fly IMAC and diddle around with some 3D with my 42% Raven. So far on my DA150/RE3 combo I've like the Mej 28.5x12 3-blade for IMAC and if I really want to just horse around I'll put on my Falcon 30x13W. It spools up fast and pulls pretty well out of a hover, but can get loud if you let it.