• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Prop for 150

crashflow

70cc twin V2
Hey guys im getting ready to get a first flight on a 42% Pau Extra with a 150. I was wondering what prop you guys are using on your 150's. I will be doing some imac with it but I will probably do some 3D with it as well so I guess im looking mostly for a good allaround prop. thanks

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey guys im getting ready to get a first flight on a 42% Pau Extra with a 150. I was wondering what prop you guys are using on your 150's. I will be doing some imac with it but I will probably do some 3D with it as well so I guess im looking mostly for a good allaround prop. thanks
Not sure about everyone Paul, but most from what I have heard and read are using a 30x13 evo. I use a Falcon CF 32x10 on my 3W 157cs. Really superb pull and breaking is good too. I'm sure there will be quite a bit of input on this subject. Great thread...

TazmanianDevil

Xtreme by DeFinition !
The best method is to separate the two, IMAC and 3D the throws are different the CG is different and so the prop last but not list, flight characteristics and flying skills/style.
When it comes to props I think it's like a finger print for most it's an individual's picked as for the things I've mentioned before.

For 3D go with the old but reliable 32-10 or if you like 3 blades 29-12 narrow.
For IMAC 30-12 or the 30-13 and if you like 3 blades 29-12.

But if you don't like to do that and you want one prop to fit them all try ether the 32-10 or the 30-13.

My opinion comes with my experience with Mejzlik carbon props.

Good luck

3D-Joy

50cc
If I had to choose 1 prop for everything I'd go Mejzlik 30x12 or Falcon 30x12 for non piped 150.
On pipes I personnally like the Air Models 31x12.
All these props can become quite noisy if you let them go.
I never liked slow props, even for 3D but thats just my taste. I'm also a firm believer that once you decide on a setup, stick to it and really learn and live with it. It takes more than 5 flights to really love or hate a prop...

tylerzx9r

100cc
Paul, You will get tons of opinions on this! That is not a bad thing.... but don't drive yourself nuts over a decision! Start with something that is common, and try it for a while, more than a few flights, then borrow (if you can) or buy something different, and compare it to what you had.... again more than a few flights! I personally fly a 32x10 Falcon carbon, I originally had a 32x10 Vess wood, I like them both but prefer the Falcon for the quietness of Imac style, and the benefit of the spool up for my 3-D. I reiterate.... you cannot decide in two flights and or switching constantly from prop to prop! Pick something common and try it for a while!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!