• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Powerbox or Powersafe receiver

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Bunky I'm using Gens Ace 3300 mAh Lipos on the rx and 2100 mAh on ignition. Also what type of switch do you recommend if I go with the powersafe rx? Most of the guys I fly with use Smartfly or powerbox. So I have never seen a setup with a powersafe rx .

Power safe RX all the way!!! 70cc planes up to 170cc planes, no issues, ever for me. If you can feel a difference in your servo power, you are long past when you should have charged or what Bunky said.

I'm not familiar with Futaba but the Spektrum and JR power safe receivers are awesome, even in a 42% airplane, I've never had any issues. With JR and Spektrum we can match servos with the transmitter though, that would be the only crappy part is if you can't do that with your transmitter or on the receiver then you are stuck buying more stuff.

Bunky I'm using Gens Ace 3300 mAh Lipos on the rx and 2100 mAh on ignition. Also what type of switch do you recommend if I go with the powersafe rx? Most of the guys I fly with use Smartfly or powerbox. So I have never seen a setup with a powersafe rx .

With the PowerSafe Rx, just use what switch comes with it. If for some odd ball reason that the switch comes unplugged, everything stays powered up (fails ON), as you are plugging the batteries directly into the Rx, and the switch seems to break the signal to the servo line. There is absolutely no power that goes thru the soft switch. I need to verify that before I say for 1000% accuracy.

The powersafe Rx is by far, in my opinion and probably Terrys opinion as well, the most bulletproof option out there. You can also do away with the ignition lipo pack, and run power from 1 Rx pack and send a signal to a RC Exl kill switch. Absolutely no fear of interference. I was running a LiOn pack with a regulator from the Rx to my DLE 30 ignition. I did keep the online switch in the airplane, so I could kill the engine on the ground. I did that long before I trusted ignition kills or IBECs.

Thanks guys! Now just waiting for the rx to be available. Hopefully soon now. Btw will be using the powersafe rx in a 3DHS 106' Edge.

Which Rx are you waiting for to become available??

JR DMSS 11 ch PowerSafe Rx are in stock at JR Americas, Spektrum AR12010 (or whatever that number is) is availabe at HH. I dont know of any other PowerSafe Rxs out there......

About time Futaba came out with a PowerSafe Rx!

Dont get me wrong, but Smart Fly and PowerBox are great units. I see them as added costs, but if that is what people want and like, go for it. :)

I just prefer the KISS method. Keep It Simple Silly. :)

Absolutely..I agree! But my question was regarding the loss in performance if any as the flights increase. The powerbox maintains a consistent voltage. Just wanted to be sure before I pulled the trigger on the powersafe rx.

Until this year I used fromeco 5200LiIon and 5000 Pulse Lipos and I could tell only a slight difference in snaps when the batteries had a few flights on them. But that was the only difference I could tell. But it was pretty minor.