• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power systems/ Hitec A9?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Single rudder servo is just fine on 120cc birds these days, 500oz works great, single in the tail. Pull pull you need a few more oz. so large servo or dual if needed I suppose. I'm actually running a single in the tail of my 42% hyperlite slick at about 29lb. and it has huge authority with a billboard sized rudder.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Single rudder servo is just fine on 120cc birds these days, 500oz works great, single in the tail. Pull pull you need a few more oz. so large servo or dual if needed I suppose. I'm actually running a single in the tail of my 42% hyperlite slick at about 29lb. and it has huge authority with a billboard sized rudder.

Especially one of our HSB-9380TH servos. The advantage of brushless is many: lower power consumption, ability to hold torque throughout the range of motion, won't burn up under stall, etc.

My 100CC Pilot Edge will be getting one 9380 on the rudder, 9370's elsewhere.

The HSB's you could run on a Y harness very easily without fear of excessive current draw, they draw less than half the current of a comparable digital servo.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
We are pretty lucky to have all the cool stuff nowdays. When I was a kid, I had a Cox helicopter that you put a small amount of nitro fuel in and fired it up. The whole helicopter would rotate on the way up and it would get up to 200 feet or so and run out of fuel and spiral back down. I dreamed of having something that I could control and land. Now I have a 35% plane with tons of hi tech, no pun intended, gadgets to put on it. Imagine what will be possible 10 years from now?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I actually had one of those helicopters!

10 years ago, electric flight was something that was more of a novelty, nowadays it is SOP for almost any club you attend. Hopefully we will have even better battery tech 10 years from now.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Just an update to answer my question. I bought a Powerbox Competition and got it all set up with ease. Running the smart fly optical kill and it all works flawlessly. Plenty of room for more gadgets. I am still waiting for a bigger radio to come out from Hitec however.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I am still waiting for a bigger radio to come out from Hitec however.

You're not alone there. I am told our R&D department is working on lots of new stuff for next year, but have not been told what specifically :oblong:;)

9 channels is just enough for 35-40% GS depending on the number of servos, had to run dual Maximas with the 9X though on my 35% Yak.

Attachments

• 12036427_10208558629790152_2292961368185543092_n.jpg
    12036427_10208558629790152_2292961368185543092_n.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 324